Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 15t Slim Quad
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi, I'm wondering if there is a way for me to remove the keyboard keys from my HP Envy 15t Slim Quad laptop.

I accidentally spilled some juice on the keyboard and touchpad area and quickly wiped it off, so no major damage was inflicted on the laptop, but the spacebar key has become rather sticky and difficult to press. It still works but is incredibly uncomfortable to use.

Is there a way for me to take the key off so that I can clean the inside of the key? Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Cloudy_E,

Thanks for becoming a member of the HP Support Forums. I understand you are having an issue with the keyboard. I will be glad to help you.

Please post the full product number and operating system in use on your computer. See the following, if you need help with that information.
How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
Is the Windows Version on My Computer 32-bit or 64-bit?

Please get back to me with above information, so I can help you better.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hi, thank you for your reply!

The serial number is (removed content), and the product number is J4Y24AV.

The operating system is Windows 8.1 (64-bit).

As additional information that might be needed, the processor is an Intel Core i7-4712HQ CPU @ 2.30GHz and the RAM is 8GB.

I hope that these are the correct information.

HP Recommended

Hi @Cloudy_E,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Here is document for  Notebook Keyboard Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 😎. Under the section for stuck notebook key, it will show how to remove and key keys.

If you need to remoe andreplace the whole kyboard ref to page73 of the Maintenance and Service Guide.

Please keep me informed of how things went. 

If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".
To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below! 🙂

Thanks.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.