Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-cs1101tx
Microsoft Windows 11

I am contemplating upgrading some of its components, including the wireless network card.

To facilitate these upgrades, I require detailed specifications and supported model numbers.

However, utilizing built-in query methods or external detection software, the wireless network card only provides the product name as "Intel Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz," and the most information I can gather is the hardware ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9DF0&SUBSYS_00348086&REV_30.

Regrettably, I am unable to ascertain the specific model, such as 9560NGW (M.2 2230) or 9560D2W (M.2 1216), neither from the user manual nor any other engineering documentation.

Without resorting to disassembling the device, I would greatly appreciate your support in obtaining this information.

Additionally, I am curious if changing the Intel WiFi-5 product to WiFi-7 would be compatible?

Blanché von Muiden Carrasco-Santana
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Modern internal wireless modules for your laptop will be M.2  PCIE Board Form Factor specification.

M.2 2230 

They will be 22mm x 30mm (2230).  It will physically  fit in the wireless M.2 slot in your laptop.

The antenna setup your laptop already has will work with the new WIFI7 module. It is simple, but careful, plug and play.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Take a read of this blog.

https://dongknows.com/wi-fi-7-upgrade-on-a-windows-computer/

I might purchase one for my Spectre 13t-ap0690nd Ultrabook.

At <$30.00 USD it is a steal.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

The information you provided has been very helpful to me, thank you!

I have verified through online sources and with Intel officials that the network card and antenna design are separate.Typically, replacing the network card should not lead to any usability issues (the main concern lies with the design of the motherboard/chipset).

Therefore, the only remaining task is to figure out the dimensions. I really don't want to disassemble the machine if possible.🥺

HP Recommended

"Therefore, the only remaining task is to figure out the dimensions. I really don't want to disassemble the machine if possible."

It is not possible to upgrade the WIFI without disassembly.

HP Recommended

I apologize, I expressed myself incorrectly earlier.

What I meant was that I want to clarify the specifications and dimensions before dismantling the device for replacement, so I can purchase the corresponding replacement products beforehand.

hen I can entrust the store to handle everything in one go, without having to dismantle the machine first to install memory and hard drives, and then dismantle it again to install the wireless network card, thereby avoiding paying for the extra labor twice.

HP Recommended

Modern internal wireless modules for your laptop will be M.2  PCIE Board Form Factor specification.

M.2 2230 

They will be 22mm x 30mm (2230).  It will physically  fit in the wireless M.2 slot in your laptop.

The antenna setup your laptop already has will work with the new WIFI7 module. It is simple, but careful, plug and play.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.