Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
envy 15t slim quad q300
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I want to upgrade my display panel. How to know which model is perfect? Also My laptop came with a non touch screen. Can i upgrade to a touch screen.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Here is the Service manual:

Manual

See p. 1. The only non-touch screen is a 1366 x 768 brightview and there is a 1366 x 768 touch and a 1920 x 1080 touch. 

Page 14:

Display assembly (includes webcam/microphone module and wireless antenna cables): 15.6-in, BrightView, FHD, LED, touch screen display assembly 812534-001 15.6-in, BrightView, HD, LED, touch screen display assembly for use only on computer models equipped with an Intel processor 812186-001 Touch displays are spared only as the entire hinge-up. Non-touch displays are spared only at the subcomponent level. Entire hinge-ups are not spared for non-touch displays.

If you want a touchscreen you have to buy the whole thing, including the plastic casing and the cables, Part 812534-001. 

See the Manual beginning on page 37.

A mere $415 on Amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/HP-812534-001-LCD-HU-FHD/dp/B01FIDWZWE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1464036435&sr=8-...

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Here is the Service manual:

Manual

See p. 1. The only non-touch screen is a 1366 x 768 brightview and there is a 1366 x 768 touch and a 1920 x 1080 touch. 

Page 14:

Display assembly (includes webcam/microphone module and wireless antenna cables): 15.6-in, BrightView, FHD, LED, touch screen display assembly 812534-001 15.6-in, BrightView, HD, LED, touch screen display assembly for use only on computer models equipped with an Intel processor 812186-001 Touch displays are spared only as the entire hinge-up. Non-touch displays are spared only at the subcomponent level. Entire hinge-ups are not spared for non-touch displays.

If you want a touchscreen you have to buy the whole thing, including the plastic casing and the cables, Part 812534-001. 

See the Manual beginning on page 37.

A mere $415 on Amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/HP-812534-001-LCD-HU-FHD/dp/B01FIDWZWE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1464036435&sr=8-...

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

HP Recommended

In the manual it says 812538-001 is a touch panel and it seemed like a sub component.... Can i install this panel and if this would make the laptop touch enabled?

HP Recommended

No there is also a cover glass and digitizer. You need the whole unit I am afraid. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.