Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavillion Notebook 14
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi:

I had been using hte SD for alomost 1 year and not I am unable to use my SD card. The SD card slot seems to not hold the SD Card in place. There used to be a click sound when i insert the SD Card, but not I don;t hear any sound. The SD card comes out as soon as I leave the card in the slot.

I assume that the hold mechanism or the spring mechanism inside the card is not working properly.

My Laptop is out of warranty now. Is there a part that I can purchace and replace to make it work or fix the existing hardware itself?

Regards,

Pete

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The card reader is part of the usb connector board:

Connector board with cable (Intel Core) 809108-001

See p. 41 of the Manual here:

Service Manual

Order part here...$23

https://parts.hp.com/hpparts/Search_Results.aspx?mscssid=482CC18F5F474DFAA9B502C4C092F9A0&SearchIn=P...

Let us know if you need anything else. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Need exact model number and we can find the Manual and the part or at least figure out if the card reader is soldered to the motherboard or is a separate part and if it is find you one to replace yours with. 

HP Recommended

The model # is 14-ab066us - HP Pavilion Notebook.

HP Recommended

The card reader is part of the usb connector board:

Connector board with cable (Intel Core) 809108-001

See p. 41 of the Manual here:

Service Manual

Order part here...$23

https://parts.hp.com/hpparts/Search_Results.aspx?mscssid=482CC18F5F474DFAA9B502C4C092F9A0&SearchIn=P...

Let us know if you need anything else. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

HP Recommended

Thank you Huffer for your response. This defenitely helps.

Thanks again!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.