Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-bc414nq, Intel Core i5-8250U pana la 3.4GHz, 15.6" Full HD, 8GB, 1TB, NVIDIA GeForce

Hello! I want to know if this sdd (https://m.emag.ro/solid-state-drive-ssd-kingston-a2000-500gb-nvme-m-2-sa2000m8-500g/pd/DV1DV5BBM/?X-...)

its compatible with my laptop! Can i install windows on this ssd to boot up?

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Yes and yes. Here is the Service Manual:

Manual 

For the -4xxx series the Manual speaks only of a SATA M.2 but an Optane module is also an option. Optane only works on an NVME enabled M.2 slot so in your case you can use the M.2 slot for an NVME SSD which can be your system or boot disk. 

Post back if you want to go into it in more detail.

HP Recommended

I ve tried all day to install windows on this ssd and keeps giving me an error!

Windows cannot be i stalled to this disk. This computer's hardware may not support booting to this disk.Ensure that the disk's controller is enabled in the computer's BIOS menu

16092606645252319047597608403613.jpg

HP Recommended

Remove the hard drive while you try to install Windows to the SSD. I will try to look at the BIOS simulator. There may be a need to disable Optane support. 

HP Recommended

Ok, so i ve removed the hard drive and tried again, and says the partition didnt exist even if i created one.  "we couldn t create a new partition or locate an existing one . For more information ,see the setup log files"

HP Recommended

So are you seeing the SSD in the Windows setup app?

HP Recommended

yes

HP Recommended

Never had a situation where the disk is visible to Windows installer yet can't accept Windows. 

HP Recommended

me neither thats why i comed to ask here. So its npthing i can do?

HP Recommended

I would search the BIOS to see if there is any setting related to Optane and disable it if possible. My recollection is Optane is set up through Windows but I cannot find a BIOS simulator for your model to see what settings there are. These older posts suggest there may be a setting to disable Optane:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/How-to-Disable-Optane-in-Bios-...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.