Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion x360 - cd0077tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I am using HP pavilion X360(cd0077tu) laptop. my notebook is slow and hangs so much nowadays, so I Want to buy and  install M.2 SSD in my Notebook. is it possible ? to install windows 10 in my M.2 SSD and use my laptop with  HDD in laptop simultaneously for files. I mean SSD for OS and apps  and HDD for files. if my laptop supports that, Please suggest some SSD (128 or 250 GB M.2 SSD). thankyou!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the service manual for your notebook.

Maintenance and Service Guide HP Pavilion x360 14m Convertible PCIMPORTANT! This document is intende...

Chapter 1, page 2 has the supported drive types and configurations.

According to the manual, your notebook has a M.2 slot that supports both SATA and NVMe SSD's.

It also appears to support dual drive configurations.

Bear in mind that the dual drive configurations that come from the factory have no operating system on the 2.5" drive, and that Windows will always want to boot from the 2.5" drive first and not the SSD.

Therefore, I recommend you temporarily disconnect the 2.5" drive and make sure Windows boots up fine to the SSD.

Then connect the hard drive back up, and format it to remove Windows.

If you want to go with a NVMe SSD, I recommend the Samsung 980 (not the 980 Pro).

If you want to go with a SATA M.2 SSD, I recommend the Western Digital Blue SATA M.2 SSD.

I would not get anything less than 250 GB, and you may want to with 500 GB.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the service manual for your notebook.

Maintenance and Service Guide HP Pavilion x360 14m Convertible PCIMPORTANT! This document is intende...

Chapter 1, page 2 has the supported drive types and configurations.

According to the manual, your notebook has a M.2 slot that supports both SATA and NVMe SSD's.

It also appears to support dual drive configurations.

Bear in mind that the dual drive configurations that come from the factory have no operating system on the 2.5" drive, and that Windows will always want to boot from the 2.5" drive first and not the SSD.

Therefore, I recommend you temporarily disconnect the 2.5" drive and make sure Windows boots up fine to the SSD.

Then connect the hard drive back up, and format it to remove Windows.

If you want to go with a NVMe SSD, I recommend the Samsung 980 (not the 980 Pro).

If you want to go with a SATA M.2 SSD, I recommend the Western Digital Blue SATA M.2 SSD.

I would not get anything less than 250 GB, and you may want to with 500 GB.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much !! I thought my laptop supports only NVME SSD (M key only) but as you said my laptop also support SATA SSD (M and B key) if yes can you please say what's the difference between these two types and I also want to ensure that my laptop performance will be increased if I use SSD. and I want to know what's the difference between 128 GB and 250 GB SSD . I am an average user (browsing, movies and simply usage ) so I thought  128 Gb is enough if I am right can I use this   https://www.amazon.in/Western-Digital-120GB-Internal-WDS120G2G0B/dp/B078WYRR9S/ref=sr_1_6?crid=10GAE...   in my laptop??? 

thank you!!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Depending on the model SATA or NVMe SSD you buy, the fastest SATA drive I know of has a max read/write speed of 560/530 MB/S.

A NVMe SSD is at least 3 - 4 times faster than that.

The minor drawback to NVMe drives is because they run so fast, they also tend to run a bit hotter than a SATA M.2 SSD will.

The WD green drive you picked out should work just fine.

You know what your storage needs are more than I do, so if you are sure you will never need more than 128 GB of memory, then that is a good choice.

HP Recommended

Thankyou !!! you are doing a great job here. whenever I ask the community you replied,  keep doing this great job... Yeah I need these SSD only for OS(because booting takes more 3-4 min for me now) and apps not for any file storing because I have HHD for that so I believe 128 GB is enough for me. I'm going with SATA because I am already dealing with heating of my laptop and NVME is bit expensive than SATA.

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

HP Recommended

And I also facing Bluetooth issue( headphone gets disconnected every time I play/ pause video in any player with every headphone I tried) in laptop for months I tried everything like changing drivers and all but nothing worked so as you are so helpful to me I hope you can give me some solution about that. once I got Realtek semiconductor update through windows 10 update that fixed the problem and after few months  I had reinstalled windows 10 in laptop and again the problem arose, now I can't find that update through windows 10 update I tried installing that update manually but I can't install it. so please give me solution

thankyou !!!!

HP Recommended

Hi:

The only suggestion I can offer, would be to update both the Realtek wifi and bluetooth drivers to their latest versions.

Wifi:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp121001-121500/sp121426.exe

Bluetooth:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp111501-112000/sp111899.exe

Fix and enhancements:

- Fixes an issue where the audio from a Bluetooth headset lags while online video is played.
- Fixes an issue where a Bluetooth mouse connected to the system disconnects when Wi-Fi is connected.
- Fixes an issue where the audio from the Bluetooth headset does not function properly while pairing with a Miracast adapter.
- Fixes an issue where the Idle Test fails on a Realtek Bluetooth 5 Adapter device.
- Fixes an issue where the Realtek Bluetooth cannot enter the USB selective suspend state while in idle.
- Fixes an issue that occurs the first time the system is powered on which causes a blue screen event after the Windows Out of Box Experience (OOBE).

HP Recommended

As you suggested I installed the two drivers ( link you attached) WIFI driver install was successful but when I tried Bluetooth driver ( sp111899) it struck like this(picture attached in this thread)Screenshot 2021-09-09 100947.png

HP Recommended

Hi:

Check the driver version of your notebook's currently installed Realtek Bluetooth driver.

It may be the same version.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.