Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 - m6-aq105dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a 1 TB HDD and a 1 TB internal SSD.  I've never had issues until I replaced my battery. Upon calibration of the battery, I learned that both my hard drives are failing using the smart diagnosis self storage check. I ran antivirus,anti malware and check dsk  /r /f  at start up as well as extensive diag from HP BIOS. Chk Dsk showed a bad sector, The sector was fixed, and all  malare was removed successfully, also showing system is 100% healthy. Speccy shows both drives functioning under operating temp,read and write speeds are all checked green as HEALTHY. The system is lightning fast and shows absolutely no signs of failure. After chk dsk, it passed briefly then returned as failed. What are the chances both drives fail.  The SSD is not bootable and used as a back-up source to the primary HDD. 

Why can't I calibrate my battery if the smart utility is giving me false positives on both of my hard drives? 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

"What are the chances both drives fail."  Very unlikely.

Try the drive(s) in an enclosure to see if they pass their manufacturer brand diagnostic tests. 

I suggest saving the data from the drives to external storage device.

Did you discharge the battery below 5%?

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_2268927-1713329-16

I suggest running HWINFO instead of SPECCY. I have both and find HWINFO provides much more information.

HWINFOExample.png

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Thank you, yes the battery has been depleted under 5%. Now the smart error says my internal SSD is normal and the original HDD shows the error. I ran the check dsk /r /f /c  again yesterday. Today I grabbed the properties of the C drive through windows tools / Properties of volume, and used tools / check for errors - took roughly 20 minutes and returned no disk errors found. Everywhere says the disk is healthy except smart disk. Very frustrating, especially when there are no signs of failure. 

HP Recommended

Could it be something like a dying cmos battery, should I uninstall the smart APP or disable it. The PC is a 7th gen i7 pentium from 2017 and runs like lightning. The only thing I have noticed is every now and then it gets hung up for no reason for a 10-20 seconds and then back to normal.  What are signs I should be looking for that a failing HDD would act like? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.