Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Omen 17-W121ND

So I was considering getting a HP Omen 17-W121ND.

But the one thing which bothered me was it's storage capacity which comes with a standard 512GB SSD M2 interface

Huge bummer since the price of the laptop is €1.999,- You would atleast expect something like 1,5 TB with such a price... but yeah...

So my question to you guys is, how many HDD or SSD slots does the laptop possess? Does it have any? or more M2?

Or none???

Thanks in advance!

Ps: Warranty is not of importance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Wiebesu

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

From what I can find out about this laptop, it has only one slot and that is filled with a M.2 SSD -- and those are terribly expensive!

Let me illustrate with an example from a local computer shop:

1) 525GB Sata 3 SSD - $120 USD

2) 500GB M.2 SSD - $350

That's why it costs so much and does not come with a larger SSD.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended
That's it? Just one slot? Excuse my French but isn't that a tad too retarded for something worth €1.999,-???????
HP Recommended

Can anyone else confirm this with a source?

HP Recommended

And I think that I failed to mention that it doesn't need to be a just a M2 slot, does it have any Serial ATA ports as well? To incorporate a second device like a 2.5 inch HDD or SSD?

HP Recommended

The answer is here

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.