Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Elitebook x360 1030 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I got my hands on a HP Elitebook x360 1030 G2 and am now looking for a stylus pen to use with it. The only HP one seems to be the "HP Active Pen with App Launch" (Prod. Nr: T4Z24AA#AC3) atleast it states "For HP Elite x2 1012 G1, HP Elite x2 1012 G2, HP Pro x2 612 G2, HP EliteBook x360 1030 G2 and HP EliteBook x360 1020 G2" in the discription"

However "Compability" has no entry of my "HP Elitebook x360 1030 G2" and additonally a note at the very top of the product page states that it is in fact just compatible with the "HP Elite x2 1012 G1" and the "Sprout Pro by HP G2".

So we have one product page with 3 different compability lists, which is a problem on its own.
However, hence my question: Is that stylus actually compatible and if not is there any HP one that is? If there is none, do you have any third-party alternative?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@edomane 

Looking at a whole list of Elitebook x360 1030 G2 models (over 200) which are compatible with HP Stylus pens but can not find Prod. Nr: T4Z24AA.  One example

pen a.png

Your machine may not have a compatible pen at all.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

@Banhien

Ok, to clarify:

Prod. Nr. of the pen with the confusing compability information: T4Z24AA

Prod. Nr of my Elitebook x360 1030 G2: 1WB83AV

Sorry for the misunderstanding,
Greetings

HP Recommended

@edomane 

Ok, same as other machine

Select an accessory from the list below.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

@Banhien

All you listed are Pen Nibs, do I use them with a normal HP Stylus to make it work for my device or how does it work?

HP Recommended

@Banhien

Not to annoy, but I really need an answer 😅

HP Recommended

@edomane 

From the Maintenance manual:

HP EliteBook x360 1030 G2 - Maintenance and Service Guide

Description                                         Part Number

HP Active Pen with app launch     846410-001

Example from the HP Parts Store (USA)

https://parts.hp.com/hpparts/Search_Results.aspx?mscssid=29A62BAB0D26443D984664E70618685A&SearchIn=P...

Photo Part Qty List Price
(USD) Defective Core Charge
(USD) Net Price
(USD) Add to Cart

846410-001   In stock  
HP Active Pen with App Launch  

Now, does that mean you can purchase the pen from HP Parts in your region?

Maybe yes, though I cannot verify that is the case...

Check here:

HP Genuine Parts

HP Parts Store

Enter the part number...

What else?

Look for the part at an online store in your region...

"Nibs" alone are a separate purchase.

Example - HP Parts Store - USA - "Nibs / Tips set" - search results

Product Number: 3RV56AA
Description: HP Nib Set for Active Pen with App

https://parts.hp.com/hpparts/Search_Results.aspx?mscssid=29A62BAB0D26443D984664E70618685A&SearchIn=P...

Photo Part Qty List Price
(USD) Defective Core Charge
(USD) Net Price
(USD) Add to Cart

914305-001   Part is on backorder, quantity in stock is 0  
Pen tips - For use with Active Pen with App Launch  

Please contact a chat agent for availablity click here

L04642-001   Part is on backorder, quantity in stock is 0  
WACOM EMR tweezer  

Please contact a chat agent for availablity click here

HP Device Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Device - Solve Problems

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guide, Service and Maintenance Guide (Replacement Parts and Procedures), Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP EliteBook x360 1030 G2 Notebook PC 

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question Resolved / Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.