Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Envy
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have a HP Envy laptop and my laptop's touchpad scrolling gestures are not working since I updated my windows operating system from windows 8.1 to windows 10. Please help me out!

30 REPLIES 30
HP Recommended

Enter the control panel and look for the touchpad control panel. In my HP Omen 15 product loan it was a Synaptics application.

I found that upgrading to Windows 10 appeared to have removed the tick mark to the right of the scrolling feature. It was working before I upgraded.

I put the tick back in and scrolling started working again.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Hi @erico:

Did your scroll setting stay after you rebooted? 

I gave the same advice yesterday (see post below) and the one guy said the setting gets erased on every reboot.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Other-Notebook-PC-Questions/Synaptics-touchpad-doesn-t-scroll-after-Win...

I could not say yea or nay because I rolled back my notebook to W7 due to the fact that it could no longer screen mirror to my smart TV (either the TV needs a software update, or W10 has a bug) and I can't remember if I had used the notebook scrolling feature again in W10 after I had turned it off.

HP Recommended
When I open settings of Synaptics Touchpad (V1.1) I get a dialog box stating : Control Panel Extension is Incompatible with Driver Version (But my drivers are up to date)After that I am able to tick the scrolling option still scrolling gestures are not working.
HP Recommended

You may just have to wait until W10 drivers are released to your notebook's support page, or on the synaptics website to see if they address the issue.

I know that my notebook was able to scroll after I checked the box.

But we all have different models, so they may all react differently.

HP Recommended

Hi @Paul_Tikkanen

The scroll settings have indeed remained enabled after quite a few shutdown and boot cycles.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Thanks, Eric.

That's good to know.

So, I guess it is a model specific thing on how Windows 10 affects the Synaptics touchpad.

I thought mine stayed too, but I was so ticked off that my screen mirroring didn't work anymore, I rolled back to W7 a couple of hours later, and I just flat out forgot how many times I had rebooted the machine since I had checked that box.

HP Recommended
Thanks Eric and Paul . If you guys find a solution for this later on then please reply the thread .
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Please post the product number for your notebook, so we know the exact model you have.

There are literally hundreds of different HP Envy notebook model variations all with different specs and hardware.

The product number can be found on the same sticker as the serial number.

That way in the future, we can tailor our response to suit your specific model.

HP Recommended

Hello,

I have tried to fix the scrolling on my mom's computer. I upgraded to windows 10 home like 2 days ago.

One problem is that, the setting is not saved, after restart, and even when I enable the scrolling, it still does not scroll.

So both horizontal and vertical are not working.

Also, I tried to downgrade to the driver versions, but that did not help and windows was automatically updating the synaptics touch pad to the latest version.

I hope there will be a fix soon.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.