Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP G72 (XG988UA#ABA)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and have not been able to get the scrolling feature on my touchpad working again. The device is listed as Synaptics PS/2 Port TouchPad. I have already downloaded the latest drivers and software, I have tried deleting drivers, and reinstalling drivers. Nothing seems to work.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @sbstress,

Welcome to HP Forums!

I understand that the scrolling of touchpad stopped working after upgrading to Windows 10. I wanted to help.

Please check if all the Windows Updates are installed.

Please review the document below and make sure the scrolling function is enabled in the settings:

HP Notebook PCs - Using the TouchPad or ClickPad (Windows 10)

Let me know how it goes.

If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "thumbs up" to give me Kudos. :catvery-happy:

Regards,

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @sbstress,

Welcome to HP Forums!

I understand that the scrolling of touchpad stopped working after upgrading to Windows 10. I wanted to help.

Please check if all the Windows Updates are installed.

Please review the document below and make sure the scrolling function is enabled in the settings:

HP Notebook PCs - Using the TouchPad or ClickPad (Windows 10)

Let me know how it goes.

If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "thumbs up" to give me Kudos. :catvery-happy:

Regards,

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.