Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Convertable
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Does my USB type C port support HDMI? My monitor works when I plug direct into the HDMI plug on my laptop. But when I plug my multi-adapter JCA374 hub into the USB type 3 port, it seems to only support ethernet and USB. No HDMI signal comes out of the adaptor.

Thanks,

Ken

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Ken63

It looks like you were interacting with @MKazi, but he's out for the day 

And I'll be glad to help you out.

The Riddle_Decipher is at your service,

I reviewed your post and this is what you need to know,

According to your User guide: Click here to view

You have 2 USB ports on the Right side: USB Type-C port & USB 3.0 charging (powered) ports (2)

And 1 USB port on the Left side: USB 3.0 charging (powered) port

I'm afraid none of these USB ports have the thunderbolt feature.

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Ken63

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP Spectre x360 Convertable laptop and would like to know if the USB type C port supports HDMI. The port presently supports ethernert and USB on your laptop. 

I would like to know the following information to assist you better:

I did some research and found the following information that should help to understand the USB type C port better:

• There are two types of USB type C ports which are of the same size.
  • Only the USB type C thunderbolt port will support charging HDMI displays as well. If you laptop has a thunderbolt USB type C port it will have the following logo on it:

Hope this answers your question. Please feel free to let me know if you have any further questions. Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended

Hi Kazi,

Thanks for your response.

My product number is T6T09UA#ABA.

And looking at my USB type C port, I see the USB sysmbol of SS and the little 3 prong plug with uneven ends and then a small lightnig bolt.  So I'm not sure if I have thunderbolt.

Thanks again for your help.

Ken

HP Recommended

@Ken63

It looks like you were interacting with @MKazi, but he's out for the day 

And I'll be glad to help you out.

The Riddle_Decipher is at your service,

I reviewed your post and this is what you need to know,

According to your User guide: Click here to view

You have 2 USB ports on the Right side: USB Type-C port & USB 3.0 charging (powered) ports (2)

And 1 USB port on the Left side: USB 3.0 charging (powered) port

I'm afraid none of these USB ports have the thunderbolt feature.

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

yes you tell us the port does not support HDMI.

No lightning, no thunderbold?

I have a lightning bolt  (i presume charging)  and the logo USB on my HP laptop. 

Is there no way of connecting it to a HDMI monitor?

Just stating the port does not support this feature is 50% of the answer. You let customers in the dark about a solution.

first invest ... what is the problem: I want to connect to monitor via HDMI. I use the best designed port for it: being the USB-C port on my laptop from HP.

second: tell me if this is correct or not

third: propose a solution

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.