Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion g6-2000se Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I want to upgrade my laptop but besides the RAM, I don't know which parts I can get.

I'm looking to upgrade to SSD, I also want to upgrade my processor and discrete graphics card (I read the manual, it says there's an option to upgrade into the AMD Radeon HD 7670M but I don't know if my laptop is compatible)

If it's possible, I'd like to upgrade my CPU cooler, the fan doesn't do its job properly at all, hitting 80 degrees temperature isn't uncommon.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Here's the Service manual:

Manual

CPU can be upgraded to i7-3612QM or any other Intel Core processor on p. 17 of the Manual. Video is part of the motherboard so to upgrade that, you need a whole new motherboard. Heatsink and fan are also listed on p. 17. There is only one option. If you have to take it apart to replace the CPU you will have a chance to apply new cooling compound and clean up inside which will likely fix the heating issues but there is no upgraded fan available. 

Post back with any more questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply.

I'm wondering which motherboard could I replace my old one with.

HP Recommended

Every possible motherboard you can use is listed in the Manual. That is an exclusive list. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.