Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello,
I tried to search the cpu upgrade information by following the instructions the website gave me. And I got lost since there's no cpu upgrade information link. I tried to search my motherboard's specification for upgrading the cpu, but I'm totally out of idea how. So, here's the informations about my laptop. Is it possible for me to upgrade my cpu? If so, what kind of CPU would you recommend? thank you.

Operating System : Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
System model : HP pavilion dm1 Notebook PC (HP Pavilion dm1-3206au Entertainment )
BIOS : InsydeH20 version CCB.03.60.43F.12

Processor : AMD E-350 (2CPUs) 1.6 Ghz

RAM : 6GB

So, I wonder what kind of CPU match for my computer's specifications. If there's anything else you need, let me know. Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended
Hi,
I'm afraid that there is only one supported processor for the laptop. The E-350 one. I have got a DM1 maintenance and service guide and according to this there no other processors except the E-350..
Asus ROG STRIX G16 Manjaro Xfce
HP Touchpad provided by HP
HP Microserver Gen8 10TB Debian Server

*Please, help other users with the same issue by marking your solved topics as "Accept as Solution"*
HP Recommended

Is the E350 socketed or soldered to the motherboard?  

HP Recommended

Soldered.

HP Recommended

So what is the bottom line? Can the CPU and motherboard on the DM1 be upgraded or not. I have upgraded memory to 8 mg and just received a 750 SSD Hard drive that i will have installed. Is that all i can do to this great little computer?

HP Recommended
Re: Upgrading CPU for HP Pavilion dm1 Notebook PC

So what is the bottom line? Can the CPU and motherboard on the DM1 be upgraded or not. I have upgraded memory to 8 mg and just received a 750 SSD Hard drive that i will have installed. Is that all i can do to this great little computer?

Looking for an answer to above question.  I love my HP Pavillion dm1 notebook and want to upgrade it.  Also one USB port is not functioning...was told need to replace the motherboard in order to fix.  Need some guidance
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.