Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Probook 4540s
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi there! Let me know what RTC (or BIOS, CMOS) battery is used in HP Probook 4540s? Your service guide doesn't tell it.

My notebook is at least 3 years, I don't have any problems at the moment - but it would be good to know when should I replace it?

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Sorry, but I wanted to know what battery type is used there? I know it's a button cell battery, but which one (CR 2025, CR 2032 or other?)

Wouldn't it be cheaper to just buy a new battery instead of buying a whole spare part with those 2 cables?

HP Recommended

@Renoise

It's hard to tell.

If you look at the Ebay listings you will see that they are wrapped in plastic.

It could be the CR 2025 or the CR 2032. "They are both 3v."

Reo

HP Recommended

Ok, what about when should I replace it? How much time usually that battery works in HP Probooks?

HP Recommended

@Renoise

My company refurbishes 7-10 thousand laptops per month.

Most are Dell, HP and IBM's.

The HP's we process most are the ProBooks and EliteBooks.

Many are much older than yours and we rarely need to replace the BIOS/RTC battery.

The exact Born on Date of your laptop can be calculated by your Serial Number.

XXXYWWXXXX

Y = YEAR

WW = WEEK

REO

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.