Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 17 Notebook PC J2U19EA#ABU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Windows Upgrade (under Settings) says that the May update (1903) can't be applied yet to my laptop. Does HP know when I will be able to update?

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Is this what you are seeing?

my laptop, toomy laptop, too

https://www.windowscentral.com/windows-10-now-lets-you-know-if-your-device-isnt-ready-may-2019-updat...

https://www.askvg.com/fix-your-device-isnt-quite-ready-for-feature-update-to-windows-10/?utm_source=...

You can likely just force the update to occur by going to the Media Creation Tool site and selecting "upgrade now". I am going to try that on mine later today and will let you know how it goes. 

HP Recommended

@Huffer 

As a matter of minor interest, my Zbook 17 G3 did not "offer" this update until just this month (08-jun-2019).

It did seem like it took a very long time to "get  here".  Smiling.

I did install it (when finally offered) and "all is well". 

I am curious whether the "upgrade now" option works.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

It did. I am left with 2 unknown devices, both of them HP Laserjet 400 series printers. I am just going to update those drivers and all should be well I bet. Will post back if I have any further problems. 

HP Recommended

100% fine now. Windows Update got the printers after a few minutes when I searched for updates. I had to uninstall a couple unknown devices that were multifunction devices associated with the printer, then rebooted and device manager is 100% clean now and all is running fine. This laptop is a Zbook 15 G3 so very similar to @Dragon-Fur .

HP Recommended

Yes, That's the message.

I've tried using the media Creation Tool but at the end it says the PC can't be updated.

HP Recommended

Then you have some device for which drivers are not available yet for 1903. I have 2 computers now running 1903 and other than some changes in the icons I see no real super improvement over 1809. 

HP Recommended

Thanks

Do you know if HP are working on this?

HP Recommended

That kind of information is not made public. I actually think it has to be a collaborative effort between HP and Microsoft and possibly even the device maker, whatever device it may be. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.