Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
CND6012VTB
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop is HP ENVY Notebook - 15-ae130tx (Touch)

I want to upgrade to SSD, but I dont know which drive I should buy.

I'm thinking about these options:
1. SSD Samsung 850 EVO 500GB 2.5-Inch SATA III

2. SSD Plextor M7V Series Sata III 512GB

3. SSD Western Digital Blue Sata III 500GB

I hear that some laptop model can not use Samsung 850 EVO because of 3D V-NAND technology.

Could you please help to suggest me which should I choose.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You will have no problem with the Samsung 850 Evo. Your laptop is new enough to be well beyond any such compatibility issues. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

You will have no problem with the Samsung 850 Evo. Your laptop is new enough to be well beyond any such compatibility issues. 

HP Recommended

Thank you for your support.

Then I will buy Samsung drive for my laptop

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.