Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

When will HP have a Windows 10 driver for the U160 monitor?

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi MobileOne,

HP wont announce to us if or when anything will be available. So its doubtful there will be one.

I did find a Win10 driver for the s140u which is basically the same monitor, just smaller.

It may or may not work, but worth trying out. If it doesnt work, just uninstall it.

Drivers & Software for HP EliteDisplay S140u 14-inch USB Portable Monitor 

Do let me know if this works.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

No that did not work:( 

HP Recommended

It can't be that hard for HP to put out a driver for this portable monitor....I am never buying another HP product ever again.

HP Recommended

"No that did not workSmiley Sad"

OK. Thanks for letting me know on that.

HP Recommended

I have an HP U160 and Windows 10.  After several hours on the phone with HP, Lenovo & Microsoft I finally got it to work!!

I used a different cord and it came up asking to install display link software and BOOM!!  It works!!  Hope this helps!!

I also had to select the window key & p together & change the setting to duplicate or extend depending on your need!!

HP Recommended

You don't need an HP driver, you just need a DisplayLink driver.  You can get one from Displaylink.com

HP Recommended

Yes I was able to get it connected.  Thank you!!

HP Recommended

Hello Would you specify what cable you purchased?

Thanks

HP Recommended

Which driver did you downloand there are too many.

Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.