Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-au084tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have prebuilt windows 10 on my notebook  Pavilion 15-au084tx. Sometimes it shows no battery is present without plugging it into ac power adapter and battery is not removable on my notebook. Sometimes No battery present in my taskbar and sometimes it shows battery is present. I have question it is software problem or hardware because i don not plug my laptop to power cord. Pl solve my problem

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @rockerrishabh,

Thank you for replying,

I'm glad you pointed out as I might have missed on that. As you have already tried the steps suggested and still having the issue, I would personally suggest you contact our HP Phone support for a possible hardware failure. If your product is out of warranty, please choose paid options to get the tech support number.

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get the phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

If you have any troubles, let me know and I will do my best to help!

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,  

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner, 

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day! 

Regards, 

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @rockerrishabh,

Thank you for posting on HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for the First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

As I understand you are having issues with the battery not showing up on your HP notebook. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you resolve this issue.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Did this happen after an update?

Have you tried to update the drivers from HPSA?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here:

1. Unplug the charger cable and use the laptop until the battery drains to 15%.
  2. Once the battery meter is showing 15% you may then turn off the laptop and turn it back on after 30mins,
  3. After the computer is back on, open the search bar from the windows button and type device manager,
  4. under the device manager, look for Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery and then right-click to uninstall it,
  5. Once it's removed/uninstalled, Restart the computer and the issue should be fixed.

I would suggest please update the BIOS on your PC and check if it helps, using this link.

Also, download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.

Refer this link to know how to use HP support assistant.

Also, Go through them all and let me know what you have determined is causing the issue. The first document has the most relevant troubleshooting if your battery appears to be not charging.

Battery Does not Power Notebook or Hold a Charge

HP Notebook PCs - Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows 10)

I hope this helps, Let me know how it goes for further assistance.

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.

If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I already tried updating bios and updating support assistant. My problem is battery is used while my notebook is on without plugging charger. But sometimes it shows no battery is present and even it is not shutting down, that means it is using battery and not showing sometimes without switch off. I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery. But nothing changed.

HP Recommended

Hi @rockerrishabh,

Thank you for replying,

As I understand you have already tried the steps suggested and still having the issue. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions, which should help you resolve this issue.

Let's shutdown the computer and then remove the battery. Now boot the PC and follow the instructions to Uninstall Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery from device manager. Once done the computer would restart and then automatically install the drivers.

Once the drivers are installed, go ahead and turn off the computer. Now insert the battery and then turn on the computer and check if that helps.

Let me know how it goes for further assistance.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

But I have a non removable battery. I cannot remove it.

HP Recommended

Hi @rockerrishabh,

Thank you for replying,

I'm glad you pointed out as I might have missed on that. As you have already tried the steps suggested and still having the issue, I would personally suggest you contact our HP Phone support for a possible hardware failure. If your product is out of warranty, please choose paid options to get the tech support number.

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get the phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

If you have any troubles, let me know and I will do my best to help!

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,  

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner, 

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day! 

Regards, 

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.