Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
W9V11EA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After BIOS upgrade my backlight is failing. The f5 button works, light on/of in the button but the backlight of the keeboard isn't working.  In the popup screen (F5 button) the setting is 100% .

I tryed installing the last bios update but with the same result. Keeboard driver is standaard  PS/2 driver

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @JSS4IT,

Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums! Smiley Happy. It A very Good Day to you. Smiley Happy Hope you are doing well. Smiley Happy  I understand that you need assistance with backlight issues on your keyboard after a bios update. I’ll be delighted to assist you. Smiley Happy

You are a valued HP customer and we appreciate you greatly for doing business with HP. I have reviewed the situation and it is paramount that we address your issue.

Superb and efficient diagnosis to isolate the issue correctly. Kudos to you for that. Smiley Happy It is a great privilege to share this platform with a tech-savvy person like you. Smiley Happy

Please try to roll back the bios from this link and check if it works. It should do the trick for you.

Link for bios roll back: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02693833

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this pans out. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.  🙂  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Smiley Happy

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. Smiley Happy

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @JSS4IT,

Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums! Smiley Happy. It A very Good Day to you. Smiley Happy Hope you are doing well. Smiley Happy  I understand that you need assistance with backlight issues on your keyboard after a bios update. I’ll be delighted to assist you. Smiley Happy

You are a valued HP customer and we appreciate you greatly for doing business with HP. I have reviewed the situation and it is paramount that we address your issue.

Superb and efficient diagnosis to isolate the issue correctly. Kudos to you for that. Smiley Happy It is a great privilege to share this platform with a tech-savvy person like you. Smiley Happy

Please try to roll back the bios from this link and check if it works. It should do the trick for you.

Link for bios roll back: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02693833

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this pans out. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.  🙂  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Smiley Happy

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. Smiley Happy

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I've installed de newest bios again  en now the keyboard lights can set on/off again.

:generic:

HP Recommended

Hi @JSS4IT,

Awesome Job.!:) I am really glad that the unit is working correctly now. It has been an absolute privilege to have worked with you and shared this platform with you. 🙂 I am really impressed by your troubleshooting skills and technical excellence. 🙂 I hope the unit works great and stays healthy for a long time. 🙂

You take care, stay healthy, keep smiling big and do have a blessed year ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.