Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Notebook m7-u109dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

This is a really stupid question.  I was not sure were to post this.  I just purchased my HP ENVY Notebook m7-u109dx, and it indicates that the battery is not connected.  I read that you have to remove the back of the computer to check it.  I thought that invalidated your warrenty.

Sue

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

See p. 28 of the Manual here:

Service Manual

No, you may remove the back cover for self-help without voiding the warranty as long as you don't damage anything. But seriously what can you do? The odds it came with a disconnected battery from the factory are pretty slim. Just be careful in there the cable is fragile and you can fry the system board mishandling the battery. Good luck. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

See p. 28 of the Manual here:

Service Manual

No, you may remove the back cover for self-help without voiding the warranty as long as you don't damage anything. But seriously what can you do? The odds it came with a disconnected battery from the factory are pretty slim. Just be careful in there the cable is fragile and you can fry the system board mishandling the battery. Good luck. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

HP Recommended

Thanks, I ended up just taking it back to Best Buy, since I just bought it yesterday.  They said that they had never had that problem before, but they are replacing it.

HP Recommended

Excellent. That is the best outcome. I am sure the replacement will be fine. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.