Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
probook 650 G2

I have an HP probook 650 G2  laptop with built-in battery, how do I turn it off to work for a long time ???  

i need a solution pllllllz ?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

There is no way to disable the battery. But there is also no real need to do so. If you plan to work on AC (wall plug) power for an extended time, you just need to remove the plug and let the battery run down to say 20-25% once a month or so and let it charge back up when you plug in the adapter. 

HP Recommended

Hi nero996!

Although Huffer EXPERT Level 18 is absolutely correct, there is no way to completely disable the battery when working on your laptop, HP has offered 2 possible solutions to similar problems with the introduction of SHIP MODE in 2017 and BATTERY MANAGER in 2018:

HP forum: Long Term laptop storage 

HP forum: Healthy battery when always plugged-in 

I've used both of these settings on my 640/650 G3s, which are the exact same models as yours (but with a 7th gen CPU).

Read these two threads, and post back if you need us to help you with applying one of these settings on your system.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.