Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook x360 1030 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, guys have a battery that's not charging, so I ran the diagnostic built into the notepad and it tells me it's a blown fuse.  (see pic)

My question is the blown fuse on the charging circuit on the board or a component on the battery ? 

Is this something I might be able to do or does it need returning (out of warranty now)

thanks20220314_175236.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Here's the product page for your laptop- https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-elitebook-x360-1030-g2-notebook-pc/14169372/model/14169376?s...  Click the Manuals tab, then look for the Service Guide. Save this on your computer.

You'll find the battery listed as HP part 863280-855 on page 19. Use that to search HP PartSurfer, google it for resellers, Amazon or eBay are other options.

The age of the laptop may leave you with no other option than a generic replacement battery, but they are less in price. Read reviews of the product if you want to go generic. There are some good ones, and some not so good ones.

The service manual shows how to replace the battery on page 29, if you are up to the task. You also want to purchase an inexpensive cell phone repair kit to use to separate the bottom cover from the top. Using a small screwdriver or pocket knife risks marring the two.

If you need more help, just ask.

Volunteering here is my therapy
17-cp0097er
HP Envy 27-b014
HP Recommended

Hi I appreciate the help, but what i was really asking is with it saying the fuse has 'blown' was that integral with the motherboard or on the battery somewhere. Ive no problem replacing the battery if that all it is, but a fuse which I presume would be soldered onto the motherboard would be a different matter.

HP Recommended

I saw that and neglected to answer that part. Yes if the battery test indicates a blown fuse, it is in the battery.

Volunteering here is my therapy
17-cp0097er
HP Envy 27-b014
HP Recommended

many thanks for your time and insight.

HP Recommended

Had the Same Issue with Me, But After Coming there My problem is solved let me know if I can do any help. Thanks Hp Support!!!                                                                         Couples Halloween Costumes                              Best Waist Cinchers

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.