Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP USB-C Universal Dock with 4.5 mm and USB Dock Adapter
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a
docking hsa b005ds (HP USB-C Universal Dock with 4.5 mm and USB Dock Adapter)
If I attach mouse and keyboard directly to my laptop, they works.
If I attach them to docking, and then the docking to my laptop via usb-c port, they have a very unsuitable lagging.

I have a docking hsa b005ds
If I attach mouse and keyboard directly to my laptop, they works.
If I attach them to docking, and then the docking to my laptop via usb-c port, they have a very lagging and is not possibile to use them.
If I try with other keyboards and mouses : same problem.

I correctly installed the recent driver of all (docking, keyboard, mouse and windows is updated)

What can I do to solve?
Thank you in advance
Regards

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Which HP notebook are you connecting to the dock?

Was your notebook on the compatibility list for the HP dock?

When you say lagging do you mean that there is a delay between making input and when the motion seen on the display and screen?

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Hi Erico

MyNotebook that have problem: Asus N552VW-FI056T

My Notebook that does'nt have problem (HP ProBook 450 G6).

I know that the docking is HP brand...but on specification there's written : "any notebook" (without distinction of brand) and moreover is a "universal" docking station.

For lagging I mean that the keyboard work when it wants and mouse similar. In few words: is not possibile to use them. 

Moving the mouse ... the pointer sits still...then jump to another point...but it practically unusable. Also the keyboard... type 1 char...then 0 also pressing some words...the 1 char...

thank you

HP Recommended

Universal should means works with all but it instead means that not all notebooks will work without issue.

Your HP Enterprise class notebook works as it should.

Your HP notebook works as it should, but the ASUS notebook is consumer level and in the seven year old product area.

I checked on the processor and see it came to market in 2015.

If your ASUS notebook has been in use for that long I would not surprised that it may have an issue. 

If the dock and HP notebook work as advertised, that means that the issue is with the ASUS notebook, not the docking solution.

I suggest running some ASUS diagnostics and checking drivers for possible updates. 

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Hi Erico thank for your help.

I know, the problem is with asus notebook, absolutely.

I'm looking for cause... I want to use a keyboard and a mouse not a super-sonic ultra-ips-10k monitor with 32 at 16bit sound channels 😁

The asus is all updated. Drivers of devices, drivers of docking, drivers OS.

For example. Presently I started windows... the keyboard had worked for 2 o3 minutes....than... after pressed one time the "d" I see "ddddddddddddddddddddddddd" and then ... totally dead (it doesnt type any character). Leds of caps lock are on

I'm confused.

Thank you

HP Recommended

I suggest trying a connection with the USB-A instead of USB-C to see if it improves with the ASUS notebook.

I do hope that your USB-C Dock was delivered with a USB Type-C to USB Type-A adapter.

I couldn't find the English manual so I am stuck with the Dutch language manual. It appears that your notebook has four USB 3.0 Type-A ports on the left and right hand sides. I suggest using one of those instead of the USB Type-C port on the right hand side.

Another thing to check is the video output settings of the laptop. That may be causing the problem.  Use the DxDiag utility to check that. Type in dxdiag to run the utility.

HP Recommended

Hi Erico,

I found a USB Type-C to USB Type-A adapter 3.0 : it doesn work, in each USB Port the docking is not revealed.

Have have I use a 3.1?

I run dxdiag => all ok. Driver video are all update.

HP Recommended

I am having the same symptoms but with an HP ProBook 650 G8.

I have updated all BIOS firmware, device drivers, checked BIOS settings, advanced settings and there is no change.

I installed and ran the HP Image Assistant and updated all available options.

I can connect the USB keyboard and mouse directly to the laptop and there is no delay \ lag. This leads me to believe that there is possibly a firmware issue with the USB controller on these devices as I have tried 3 brand new docks out of the box with the same results...

Any fix for these (5TW10UT#ABA) docks HP? 

HP Recommended

Hi, I add some information to the problem.

After few seconds after boot/login mouse and keyboard work properly.

Then they stop to work

Can I look for some log information to see if some go in error?

Thanks a lot in advance

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.