Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
250 G4 notebook
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

i get an exclamation mark on the following device:

PCI Data Acquisition and Signal Processing Controller

details:

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_22DC&SUBSYS_80C5103C&REV_21

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_22DC&SUBSYS_80C5103C

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_22DC&CC_118000

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_22DC&CC_1180

I only get 1.85gb usable of the 4.0gb installed.

Also my graphics card is only using the generic "standard VGA adapter" even after installing AMD drivers

I have tried all chipset and other drivers for windows 7 (64bit) although my system is 32bit.

thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

You would need this driver for the PCI Data Acquisition and Signal Processing Controller:

This package contains the driver that enables the Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework firmware. Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework provide system temperature and power utilization information for the system thermal protection to function properly. This package is provided for supported notebook models running a supported operating system.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71001-71500/sp71262.exe

Most likely, your notebook only has the onboard intel graphics, so you don't need to install the amd graphics driver.

That would be for notebooks with the optional Intel/AMD graphics setup.

You can tell if your notebook has dual graphics by going to the device manager, click to expand the Display Adapters device manager category.  If the notebook had dual graphics, you will see two graphics adapters listed there...one Intel and one AMD.

if it just has the onboard Intel graphics, then that is all you will see listed there.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi:

HP only supports your notebook for 64 bit operating systems.

What processor does your notebook have, and I will see if I can find W7 32 bit drivers from someplace.

The processor will determine what version of the thermal dyamics driver you need, as well as the graphics driver.

HP Recommended

HI, that was quick!

Its a celeron N3050 @1.60 GHz

HP Recommended

Hi:

Unfortunately, I have some bad news for you...

Intel did not develop a W7 32 bit graphics driver for the Intel Celeron N3050 processor.

So, I recommend you install W7 64 bit if you need W7.

HP Recommended

Hi again,

I have changed to W7 64 bit OS and I still get the exclamation mark on:

PCI Data Acquisition and Signal Processing Controller
Details:
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_22DC&SUBSYS_80C5103C&REV_21
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_22DC&SUBSYS_80C5103C
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_22DC&CC_118000
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_22DC&CC_1180

pc/driver details:
- W7 64bit / celeron N3050 @1.60GHz

- intel HD Graphics ver. 10.18.14.4234

- Intel(R) Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework Manager ver. 8.0.10100.71

- Intel(R) Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework Generic Participant ver. 8.0.10100.71

- Also AMD crystal graphics driver fails to install

HP Recommended

Hi:

You would need this driver for the PCI Data Acquisition and Signal Processing Controller:

This package contains the driver that enables the Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework firmware. Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework provide system temperature and power utilization information for the system thermal protection to function properly. This package is provided for supported notebook models running a supported operating system.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71001-71500/sp71262.exe

Most likely, your notebook only has the onboard intel graphics, so you don't need to install the amd graphics driver.

That would be for notebooks with the optional Intel/AMD graphics setup.

You can tell if your notebook has dual graphics by going to the device manager, click to expand the Display Adapters device manager category.  If the notebook had dual graphics, you will see two graphics adapters listed there...one Intel and one AMD.

if it just has the onboard Intel graphics, then that is all you will see listed there.

HP Recommended

thank you very muchfor your detailed and fast reply.

the problem is solved. 

it s just that i now get an exclamation mark (hate them!) on MIcrosoft ISATAP adapter (whatever that is) under Network adapters.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Sounds like something you don't need to be overly concerned about.

While this is for Vista, no doubt the same applies to W7 too.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/932520

Have you run all the W7 updates and installed W7 SP1?  That may also fix it.

Or you can do this...

1. Click Start -> Control Panel -> View Network status and Task -> Manage Network Connection
  2. Right-click Local Connection, and select Property, and uncheck Internet Protocol Version 6(TCP/IPv6).
  3. Click Start, from the start menu, right-click Computer, select Property. From Device Manager, click Network Adapter then right-click Microsoft 6to4 Adapter, select Uninstall.
HP Recommended

thanks again.

Yes it is a SP1 W7 64 but I havent done the updates yet.

I think I will just ignore it for now since it is not a real problem.

Thank you for your support. its been a great help.

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.