Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP pavilion ab030tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I want to know if its possible to connect and eGPU using the wireless mini pcie port.
And also is my bios wwan whitelisted? Becausewhen I try to open bios it shows insydeh20. And I didn't find anything related to wireless card. Please help.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

This won't work at all and if works (with luck) it will be much, much slower than the existing card on your machine which is a NVIDIA GeForce 940M (2 GB DDR3L dedicated)

http://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c04700615

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

There are some external GPU docks avaiable that use the miniPCIe slot on laptop motherboards, however, this would most likely bottleneck the GPU as there's only one or two PCIe lanes on a miniPCIe slot as opposed to the 16 lanes on desktop boards.

You would also need a seperate power supply to power the GPU.

Of course you would also need to remove your wireless card, but since you'd be tethered to a desk with a GPU sitting on it, I'm guessing you'd just be connected to the internet with an ethernet cord.

Depending on how cables can be routed, you may just have to leave the bottom of your laptop off.

I've never had the opportunity to use one of those devices so I can't pass judgement, but there are several YouTube videos available demonstrating some of those devices (there are even versions for ExpressCard and miniSATA slots if I remember correctly).

Also, I can't help you on the BIOS issue. You may just want to make a seperate topic about that to get exposure since the title of this topic doesn't reference your wireless issue.

HP Recommended
Yeah I know.. I'll use an USB wifi.. but my main concern is that I've read about hp's whitelist bios. This whitelist bios doesn't let you change the wireless card.. so I want to know how to disable it. And moreover in the insydeh20 I can't even find the wireless network card option.
HP Recommended

@jish_desarkar

I saw your other post, now I know you are trying to use PCIe slot for the wireless card. Well, as @LDL1 mentioned above, this won't work. The slot for the wireless card won't be able to carry eGPU load.

Let me draw a picture for: are you trying to run your Ferrari on a narrow, dirt road ? You need a racing track.

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended
This won't work at all or it will reduce the efficiency of the GPU..
I really appreciate you helping me.. I'm just desperate because my parents can't affor to buy me a gaming pc. So I decided to go for the eGPU..
HP Recommended

Hi,

This won't work at all and if works (with luck) it will be much, much slower than the existing card on your machine which is a NVIDIA GeForce 940M (2 GB DDR3L dedicated)

http://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c04700615

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended
😞😞😢😢😭😭 okay. Thanks to you I didn't waste 100 bucks on the eGPU set up.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.