Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Envy 15 x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

About 30 - 40 % of the time, when returning from hibernate mode (where I put it most of the time when not in use) the keyboard and touch-pad do not function.  I have found that if I close the cover (putting it into sleep mode) and wait until the power light is flashing (asleep) and re-open it, everything will work as usual.  This has been going on for at least 2 years.  I guess I have just learned to accept it, but it drives my wife crazy when it happens to her.  I am wondering if there is a fix that I am not aware of or it it is just an anomaly with my computer.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Lorne39 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand your keyboard and the touchpad stops responding after waking up from sleep mode, here what you need to do:

Do not worry. Let's work together and get this issue addressed.

1. Open Device Manager by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, and then clicking Device Manager. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
2. In Device Manager, locate the keyboard, and then double-click the device name.
3. Click the Power Management tab, and then select the option "Allow this device to wake the computer" checkbox.
4. Click Ok.
5. Locate the touchpad and Repeat steps 2 and 3.

Also, update the drivers of both Keyboard and the touchpad and update the BIOS using this link.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.