Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP omen 16 wf1025tx
Microsoft Windows 11

I am buying the new omen 16 wf1025tx. It has 1 tb nvme ssd. but I'm in doubt if i can upgrade the 2nd nvme ssd slot as well as mentioned in some of the posts, if it exists, as no tech channels or videos cover it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

All 16-wfxxxx notebooks have two M.2 slots.

All you need to do is to look at chapter 5, page 38 of the service manual...

NOTE: Full-feature models can have two solid-state drives. Limited-feature models (16-wdxxxx) have one solid state drive.

The 16-wfxxxx notebooks have the Intel 'HX' processors and those are the full featured models.

Your notebook has one of those processors...Intel Core i7-14700HX

You can also see in chapter 6, page 45 of the service manual the location of the two NVMe slots and watch the service video I posted.

Related discussions...

Solved: HP OMEN 16-wf1072ng RAM & SSD Upgrade - HP Support Community - 9006354

Solved: 16-wd0010ns ssd?? - HP Support Community - 8879102

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@NotBorno 

From its manual

https://support.hp.com/ie-en/product/setup-user-guides/omen-by-hp-16.1-inch-gaming-laptop-pc-16-wf10...

It does NOT have dual storage option

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

@NotBorno 

The 16-wf model series does indeed have support for two NVMe SSD's.

Re: OMEN 16-wf0007nl upgrade ssd - HP Support Community - 9034413

HP Recommended

uh... I'm confused again. someone just mentioned that it is not present in the manual so i assumed there is no support for 2nd nvme slot, but there is? or is it only for specific models? if so, what about wf1025tx

HP Recommended

All 16-wfxxxx notebooks have two M.2 slots.

All you need to do is to look at chapter 5, page 38 of the service manual...

NOTE: Full-feature models can have two solid-state drives. Limited-feature models (16-wdxxxx) have one solid state drive.

The 16-wfxxxx notebooks have the Intel 'HX' processors and those are the full featured models.

Your notebook has one of those processors...Intel Core i7-14700HX

You can also see in chapter 6, page 45 of the service manual the location of the two NVMe slots and watch the service video I posted.