Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i have the hp elitebook 745  3500u and i use a 24" monitor. at this time i have a hp port replicator plugged into the left side usb port, this port has the ss the 3 prong and the lightning bolt symbols on it.  it also has on the right side a usb-c port that has the pd the same 3 prong and ss on that one.

the issue i have so far is i have plugged into the left side usb port a hp port replicator, it is the 3005pr usb 3.0 port replicator.

i have fiber internet and 500 up-dn speed. the up speed stays the same but the down speed gets as low as 50 mbps and sometimes it will show 500 mbps.   if i use the pc lan port it will be 500 up-dn all the time but i do not use that because i have a small work space and need that space for the mouse.

i'm wondering if anyone knows if i might be able to use that usb-c port on this pc with one of those port replicators that plug into that port. and have it run the monitor and the ethernet at the rated speeds?   i got a ALIWAZY unit and it will not run the monitor and so i got a smaller usb-c unit to see if that would run the monitor as a test and it runs the monitor so i know that usb-c port is capable of running the monitor. and the ALIWAZY seems to run all the regular usb ports and the lan at rated speed but not the monitor. so i think that is a bad unit.

i found 2 port replicators that have the lan and monitor and usb ports and i'm asking if anyone has this setup and it works with the elitebook 745 3500u pc.    or this one   https://www.ebay.com/itm/233627264536   the other unit is this one   https://www.ebay.com/itm/145754135581     so does anyone know if one of these will work on my hp elitebook 745 laptop and run the monitor and the lan at rated speed and the usb ports?    

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@corvairbob 

Its specs

https://support.hp.com/ro-en/document/c06386690

From page 1 of its manual, you can use

Supports four independent displays through docking stations as follows:

• HP UltraSlim Docking Station – maximum resolution = 2K @ 60 Hz (DisplayPort 1) and 2K @ 60 Hz (DisplayPort 2) and 1920 × 1200 @ 60 Hz (VGA)
  • HP USB-C Dock G3 and G4 – maximum resolution = 2K @ 60 Hz (DisplayPort 1) and 2K @ 60 Hz (DisplayPort 2) and 1920 × 1200 @ 60 Hz (HDMI)
  • HP Thunderbolt Dock 120 W G2 – maximum resolution = 2560 × 1440 @ 60 Hz (DisplayPort 1) and 1920 × 1080 @ 60 Hz (DisplayPort 2) and 1920 × 1080 @ 60 Hz (VGA)

Those docks won't charge your machine.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

ok thanks for the info on those 3 devices. if you were to get one what one would you pick?  i would like to be able to have the lan get the rated speed i pay for. looking at the first one that plugs into the slot on my pc i'm kind of thinking that would be the better unit as it is using more pins on the pc and my guess is it is seperating out the lan and the monitor from the usb-c port. but it does take up some of the needed room. the usb ports look to have 4 pins to operate the monitor the lan and the other usb devices so that may be the issue as the pc has to share all these devices thru 4 pins. the usb-c has maybe 10 to 12 pins so that can share faster and that port on the side of the pc has maybe 16 to 20 pins so i'm thinking the HP UltraSlim Docking Station – but my monitor requires 75htz to run at full screen.  so i wonder if this ultra slim station can make my monitor show a full screen.  if i run the monitor at 60htz the screen goes into over scan and i lose about 2" all the way around the screen

HP Recommended

@corvairbob wrote:

...  if i run the monitor at 60htz the screen goes into over scan and i lose about 2" all the way around the screen

@corvairbob 

I would buy Thunderbolt dock. I have not tested 75Hz monitor therefore I don't know why you lose 2" around screen

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

thanks for that insight. i will look for one and see if it does the job. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.