Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
hp pavilion 15 p001tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I have hp pavilion 15 p001tx now I want to upgrade my ram to 8gb and pre installed is 4 gb van I upgrade ram
9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

here is all the info you need tegarding ram upgrade for your laptop http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-15-p000-Notebook-PC-series/6936226/model/7132390/doc...

****Click the Thumb icon to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
HP Recommended
I have seen these but I don't understand please tell me my laptop is upgradeable or not
HP Recommended

I can not find much about the RAM slot of your laptop except that only 1 slot is being used by a 4GB DDR3 RAM so you'll have to contact HP Tech Support using HP Support Assistant and ask them about the RAM upgrade

HP Recommended

@viraj2

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04330859

You will have to disassemble the whole laptop.

Memory is under the motherboard.

No access door on the bottom of the laptop.

If you want I can find my old post that has step by step instructions and pictures.

I tested this laptop for HP.

REO

HP Recommended

@RE051ST Thanks for enlightening us on this topic. I had a question though, after dissembling the laptop will the warranty still remain valid?

HP Recommended

@andygi11 and @viraj2

Some say yes and some say no, as long as any damage is not from the upgrade.

Memory Supports the following configurations:

12288 MB (8192 MB×1+ 4096 MB×1; not supported on computer

models with a 32-bit operating system)

8192 MB (8192 MB×1 or 4096 MB×2; not supported on computer

models equipped with a 32-bit operating system)

6144 MB (4096 MB×1 + 2048 MB×1; not supported on computer

models equipped with a 32-bit operating system)

4096 MB (4096 MB×1 or 2048 MB×2)

16384 MB (8192 MB x 2)

Two SODIMM memory module slots (select models only)

DDR3L-1600 MHz dual channel support

DDR3L-1333 MHz dual channel support

Max. DDR3L-1600MHz Single Channel Support

The manual here.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-15-Notebook-PC-series/6936226/model/7132390/manuals/

REO

HP Recommended

Hello,

I was having the same issue, but now i can tell you if you have the model as you stated before i.e. hp laptop 15p-001tx. This model is having actually dual RAM slots.

Default you will get 4gb (samsung 800mhz) ddr3 and ofcourse you can upgrade with 08 gb 1600mhz  RAM.

Not sure the max capacity for upgradation. Hoping 08+08 gb 1600mhz (16gb).

Enjoy dual slot..

HP Recommended

it will support windows 7 os 64 bit

HP Recommended

so as you said it comes with an 800mhz ddr3 4gb ram at double datarate,1600mhz? so it would be perfectly fine to add another 4gb 1600mhz ram stick in slot2?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.