Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-N010TX
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

Hello,  I have the HP Pavilion 15-N010TX. I connect one usb headphone to laptop then onwards my touchpad stopped working. I tried to enable it by double tapping at the top left corner, its not worked. Next i went to change mouse setting, their i am not founding enable/disable option. Next i went to device manager their i not found mouse in the list. And next I tried the Synaptics download and followed the instructions but it didn't work. Even i tried to hard reset also, but result is same. 

Please help me to get out of this problem.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Dear Customer,

Welcome and Thank you for posting your query on HP Support Forum

It looks like you are facing difficulties to resolve Touchpad Issues with your Notebook

We will surely assist you with this

Steps to drain the Static charge and loading default BIOS settings to resolve the issue

Step 01. Turn OFF the Notebook

Step 02. Un-plug the Power/AC Adapter and also remove the Battery too

Step 03. Press and Hold the Power Button of the Notebook for a full minute

Step 04. Now let's re-insert the battery back in and plug back the Power/AC Adapter

Step 05. Start the Notebook and keep tapping F10 Key during the startup to access the BIOS

Step 06. Once you get to the BIOS, Please press F5 or F9 Key to load setup defaults for the BIOS

Step 07. Now let's press Esc/Escape Key. Save Changes and Exit - Yes

Step 08. Now please wait till the Unit loads the Windows Operating system

Now please download and re-install the touchpad drivers for your Notebook from the HP Support Site

Please Click the below link to find more troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?sp4ts.oid=5229455&calledBy=&docId=emr_na-c03523373...

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

K N R K

I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Dear Customer,

Welcome and Thank you for posting your query on HP Support Forum

It looks like you are facing difficulties to resolve Touchpad Issues with your Notebook

We will surely assist you with this

Steps to drain the Static charge and loading default BIOS settings to resolve the issue

Step 01. Turn OFF the Notebook

Step 02. Un-plug the Power/AC Adapter and also remove the Battery too

Step 03. Press and Hold the Power Button of the Notebook for a full minute

Step 04. Now let's re-insert the battery back in and plug back the Power/AC Adapter

Step 05. Start the Notebook and keep tapping F10 Key during the startup to access the BIOS

Step 06. Once you get to the BIOS, Please press F5 or F9 Key to load setup defaults for the BIOS

Step 07. Now let's press Esc/Escape Key. Save Changes and Exit - Yes

Step 08. Now please wait till the Unit loads the Windows Operating system

Now please download and re-install the touchpad drivers for your Notebook from the HP Support Site

Please Click the below link to find more troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?sp4ts.oid=5229455&calledBy=&docId=emr_na-c03523373...

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

K N R K

I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Thank you. Now its started working fine.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.