Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Hello 

I have HP ProBook 640 G1.

I have 8GB memory installed in one slot. Do I have another slot available? Can I add additional 8GB? 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

There are two available soDIMM slots for memory modules.

Yes, you can upgrade to a maximum of 16GB. 

For a successful upgrade you will have to install a pair of matching memory modules.

Using the original memory module and adding another memory module is likely to not be asuccessful upgrade. 

See the following web document for guaranteed compatible memory modules for upgrading.

http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for//probook-640-g1

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Hello @Computer-Net,

You can Upgrade the RAM on the unit, Please find below Memory information for your unit. 

Standard

DDR 3L PC3L-12800 (Transfer rates up to 1600 MT/s)
Two SODIMM slots supporting dual-channel memory
2GB, 4 GB, and 8 GB SODIMMs

Maximum

Upgradeable to 16384 MB with optional 8192 MB SODIMMs in slots 1 and 2

Dual-channel

Maximized dual-channel performance requires SODIMMs of the same size and speed in both memory slots.

Features

* Maximum memory capacities assume Windows 64-bit operating systems or Linux. With Windows 32-bit operating systems, memory above 3 GB may not all be available due to system resource requirements.

NOTE: Due to the non-industry standard nature of some third-party memory modules, we recommend HP branded memory to ensure compatibility. If you mix memory speeds, the system will perform at the lower memory speed.

I hope that answers your question. 🙂

I am an HP employee, the opinions expressed here are my personal opinions, not of HP.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the left side of my post to acknowledge the post ***

HP Recommended

Where is the second memory module?  Under the keyboard?

Thanks,

Jim

HP Recommended

The First and second memory bay are under the bottom cover .  Just slide open the cover and you will see both the memory bay .

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.