Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
15 notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I've updated the audio hardware driver but the mute light is still not working. I am reluctant to do a system restore because as soon as there is an update, it will over wright the drivers and the problem will re appear. Please let me know when there is an update which will fix the problem.

Thanks and regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @XsambX,

Please try:

1. Remove the audio driver from the Device Manager

2. Click on Action on the top of the window

3. Select scan for hardware change

4. After the system installed the audio driver for you, restart the laptop

Let me know if it helps.

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @XsambX,

Welcome to HP Forums! I have read your post and wanted to help.

I understand that the mute light does not work. Please provide the product number of your laptop, so I can check the most recent audio driver for you. HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number?

Looking forward to your reply!

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
HP Recommended

My model number is 15-r101na, Product number is, K1W67EA#ABU.

Thank You.

HP Recommended

Hi @XsambX,

Thank you for the reply!

Please check if your audio driver is Realtek High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver sp72094.exe

Version 6.0.1.7564 Rev.A

If not, please install the above one and restart the laptop to test the mute key.

Let me know if it helps.

If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "thumbs up" to give me Kudos. :catvery-happy:

Regards,

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hi,

We checked the driver number which was the same except your driver was ending rev A but installed driver had no revision. We installed it anyway. and rebooted. Same fault. We powered down the laptop and removed the battery to see if it would reset. On powering up the laptop, the same fault occured.

Any further suggestions please.

Thanks and regards

HP Recommended

Hi @XsambX,

Please try:

1. Remove the audio driver from the Device Manager

2. Click on Action on the top of the window

3. Select scan for hardware change

4. After the system installed the audio driver for you, restart the laptop

Let me know if it helps.

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank you this really helped, and the light came back on.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.