Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Spectre 13t - 3000 ultrabook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My system just upgrades to windows 10 version 1607. 

It works fine except the mute light and wlan indicator light both stay on.  The keys work, but the lights stay on, regardless of whether sound is muted or airplane mode is on.   CAPS indicator light works fine.  Both lights stay on when f5 is pressed turning off keyboard backlight. 

System is Spectre 13t - 3000, model E5E03AV. 

I assume this is a bios setting, but don't know how to fix. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @khjr4,

Thank you for the update.  As I did ask if all the updates were done, and you state that is what resolved the issue, would you consider marking that post as "Accepted Solution", to help other members and visitor to find this information should they have the same or similar issue? To say thanks for helping, please click on the "Thumbs Up Icon" below.

Sparkles1

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi@dhjr4,

Welcome to the HP Forum! It is a terrific place to find answers and tips! For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide. First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I grasp that after your system was upgraded to Windows 10 version 1607, that the mute and WLAN lights are always on. Have you checked for further Windows updates? Have you run the HP Support Assistant  to aid with HP recommended updates? Have you tried running the Windows troubleshooter?

Thanks! If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "Thumbs Up" to give me a Kudos. :catvery-happy:

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

Sparkles1,

Thanks for reply.  In response to your questions:

Further Windows updates:  none available, system is up to date.

Run HP support assistant:  yes, system is up to date.

Run windows troubleshooter:  yes; no effect/nothing found. 

Also, I updated the BIOS, that had no affect either. 

Other suggestions?

HP Recommended

Hi @dhjr4,

Thank you for the reply. As the previous suggestions did not help. Because this is a CTO model. I am unsure what the original operating system was. If the notebook came with Windows 10 pre -installed, and you have a restore point you could try using it. HP PCs - Using Microsoft System Restore (Windows 10, 😎. Do you have recovery media? If Windows 10 was not pre-installed what was the original operating system?  If the restore is not a possibility and Windows 10 was the original operating system you could try a push button reset. HP PCs - Microsoft Push-Button Reset (Windows 10). Please let me know how it goes.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

Sparkles1:

I installed updated drivers for audio and the wireless network.  Doing that resolved the problem. 

Thank you for your help.

HP Recommended

Hi @khjr4,

Thank you for the update.  As I did ask if all the updates were done, and you state that is what resolved the issue, would you consider marking that post as "Accepted Solution", to help other members and visitor to find this information should they have the same or similar issue? To say thanks for helping, please click on the "Thumbs Up Icon" below.

Sparkles1

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.