Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP PAVILLION 15 NOTE BOOK PC
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

My C: drive shows 20 GB of 226 GB. Three day back I had contacted the HP support team they had restored my pc to 21/08/2016 date. However the problem continues. All this stared after I instaled the MAcfee antivirus soft ware.

When I tired to move some files and data to other drives some files will not move.

What are the system files, If I had deleted some files unknowingly will I able to get it back

Is this C drive showing a red colour a serious concern. What will happen If I continue to work in this condition of my pc?

Help!!!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Spoiler
Yeah Splendid! It work I had get rid of unwanted and rarely used programme its now below 20.1 GB OF 226 GB TEN % FREE SPACE IS THERE, Now the C: drive colour turned to normal blue like other drive.

Thankful to the forum. Have a good day. Problem rectified.

Thank you

bye!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HARD-DISK-C-SHOWING-IN-RED-COLO...

The computer will run very slowly with an overfilled hard drive....it needs to be cleared of excess files. 

HP Recommended
Spoiler
Yeah Splendid! It work I had get rid of unwanted and rarely used programme its now below 20.1 GB OF 226 GB TEN % FREE SPACE IS THERE, Now the C: drive colour turned to normal blue like other drive.

Thankful to the forum. Have a good day. Problem rectified.

Thank you

bye!
HP Recommended

Customary to mark the answer that solved your problem as the "Solution". If you just barely dropped it to above 20 gig free the problem will very soon come back. You need to clear off a bit more. Try running a good system cleaner like CCleaner. Free download, just google it. 

Very nice. You marked a blank post as the Solution. I think you may give your address as somewhere under a bridge. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.