Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Laptop PC - 17-w033dx (ENERGY STAR)

my gaming laptop sometimes work great in gaming with 60 frame rate and cpu temperature at 70 : 75 degree c , but a lot of times it work poorly with frame drop and cpu temperature 85:97

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Make sure the battery is fully charged before starting a game. Your laptop can overheat if it has to charge the battery at the same time as playing a game. Avoid any intensive games if not plugged in.

To mitigate the heat problem you should use a laptop cooler.

I recommend you keep the CPU out of turbo mode. Edit the power plan and set the maximum processor speed to %99 for when plugged in and a smaller value if just on batteries

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply , i will try this and reply back to you ,but i previously suspected the battery so i removed it completely and the laptop give me the same cpu overheating problem 

note that i recently change the thermal paste for the cpu and gpu and this made a slightly noticeable improvement  

HP Recommended

Is the Omen Game hub controlling the fans?  They should speed up when playing.

If they are running at maximum the all the time then you need a laptop cooler.

Another thing you can try is to set the % processor speed to %99 instead of 100.

This keeps the CPU out of turbo mode and I found that made a difference on my i9-9700x

You did good replacing the thermal paste.  That is a difficult job on desktop let alone a laptop.

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.