Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Hi jeg har en ældre HP Pavilion DV6-33278eo som jeg vil opgradere med en Intel i7-840QM, som skulle være kompatibel med mit bundkort DAOLX6MB610 som har en ATI  diskrete chip installeret, men jeg kan ikke få bundkortet til at starte, ingen reaktion. er der nogen der ved hvad  jeg skal gøre?. Leverandøren af CPU en siger at jeg skal have et separat displaykort for at det kan virke, Jeg syntes at det er upraktisk og er ikke overbevist om at HP ville sælge et produkt og ikke beskrive det i servicemanualen?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi:

If you switched from a dual core to a quad core processor, different motherboards are used in the notebooks that have the quad core processors which is most likely why the i7-840QM isn't working.

The dual core motherboards only support the 35W processors.

See chapter 3 of the service manual for the list of supported motherboards:

pavilion_dv63127.pdf (manualslib.com)

HP Recommended

Hi @hsj05 !

Thank you for visiting our English HP Support Community.

We advise you to post your question/replies in English to insure a quick response for the Community. This can also help other users to take advantage of your post, in the case they have the same question.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,
MayS. 

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hi thanks for your responce and apologis for my bad english. Do i have to understand the manual list of compatible CPU`s as one motherboard are for the I7 CPU list and a different motherboard for the I5 CPU`s list. because i have the the understanding that the DV6 3328eo is compatible with the total list of CPU´s from I7, I5, I3 and Pentium 6300. Hope to get your relply

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

My understanding of the manual is that you need to have a different motherboard for the Quad core processors, than you do for the dual core processors.

The list of processors is for the entire dv6-3000 Intel model series.

I'm speculating that the fact that your notebook came with 35W dual core processor, it came with the motherboard that supports the 35W dual core processors and the Quad core processors use the motherboard that supports the 45W processors.

You can see the difference in the motherboard descriptions in chapter 3 on pages 33 & 34 of the service manual I posted in my first reply.

If all processors were supported, why would there be two different types of motherboards listed?

Those for the dual core and those for the quad core.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.