Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
m4-1007tx Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

Hello everyone,

i want to upgrade my lovely notebook ram from 4GB (single channel) to 8 GB (dual channel) / (single channel )

my ram now,

IMG_20161004_152818.jpg

i want to change  

i need advice for best performance...

2_okokmputermedan.jpg

3_okokmputermedan.jpg

-----------------             --------------------------       --------------------------

and last how max ram i can upgrade for m4-1007tx Notebook PC

thanks for attention.

regard

ricky rfsm

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Your Service Manual:

Manual

Two customer-accessible/upgradable memory module slots Support for DDR3L (1600-MHz) dual channel Support for 8192-MB of system RAM in the following configurations: ● 8192-MB (4096-MB × 2)

To assure dual channel operation you should get a second module which as close as possible, duplicates the one you have. It is DDR3L-1600 which is low voltage (1.35 volts) and it is low density 8 black blocks on the side, not 4. It is CL=11 latency. The single Samsung memory in the second picture you posted has all the correct specifications, but is only a 1 gig module. If you can find one just like that but a 4 gig it would work optimally in your laptop. The memory you have is Hynix, which I believe is a subsidiary of Samsung. Samsung sells memory to OEMs like HP as "Hynix", but sells the same memory to the public as "samsung". I think but the man point is the two types of modules would work together fine. 8 gigs (2 x 4 gig modules) is as much as you can install. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Your Service Manual:

Manual

Two customer-accessible/upgradable memory module slots Support for DDR3L (1600-MHz) dual channel Support for 8192-MB of system RAM in the following configurations: ● 8192-MB (4096-MB × 2)

To assure dual channel operation you should get a second module which as close as possible, duplicates the one you have. It is DDR3L-1600 which is low voltage (1.35 volts) and it is low density 8 black blocks on the side, not 4. It is CL=11 latency. The single Samsung memory in the second picture you posted has all the correct specifications, but is only a 1 gig module. If you can find one just like that but a 4 gig it would work optimally in your laptop. The memory you have is Hynix, which I believe is a subsidiary of Samsung. Samsung sells memory to OEMs like HP as "Hynix", but sells the same memory to the public as "samsung". I think but the man point is the two types of modules would work together fine. 8 gigs (2 x 4 gig modules) is as much as you can install. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

HP Recommended

Thanks for quick reply

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.