Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
au101nv energy star
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i use computer management and i lost 15 gigs of space in my ssd basically in both ssds i have installed, how to recover this space, the ssds are sumsung evo 256 gigs and it show 238 gigas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@lege

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. 

As I understand the ssd drive after partition changes you've lost 15gb storage,

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

Did you look in the Disk Management console and see what partitions and/or un-allocated space is shown for that disk?

While you respond to that, here's what you need to do:

Restore lost partition data and create a new hard disk drive partition

Another new method to restore deleted or lost hard disk drive partition and lost data is to restore lost data firstly and then create a new partition on Windows 10/8/7 etc.

Step 1. Restore lost data firstly;
Here we recommend you to try EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard to let it restore all your lost data from the deleted disk partition by following the above 3 steps.

Step 2. Create a new partition;
Go to Disk Management > Right-click unallocated space on your computer (which as previously the deleted partition) and choose Create new volume > Specify the size of the new partition and click Next > Finish.

After creating new partition, you can reuse it to store data again.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@lege

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. 

As I understand the ssd drive after partition changes you've lost 15gb storage,

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

Did you look in the Disk Management console and see what partitions and/or un-allocated space is shown for that disk?

While you respond to that, here's what you need to do:

Restore lost partition data and create a new hard disk drive partition

Another new method to restore deleted or lost hard disk drive partition and lost data is to restore lost data firstly and then create a new partition on Windows 10/8/7 etc.

Step 1. Restore lost data firstly;
Here we recommend you to try EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard to let it restore all your lost data from the deleted disk partition by following the above 3 steps.

Step 2. Create a new partition;
Go to Disk Management > Right-click unallocated space on your computer (which as previously the deleted partition) and choose Create new volume > Specify the size of the new partition and click Next > Finish.

After creating new partition, you can reuse it to store data again.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

hi, i just found some free time to get ease us wizard, so i checked the disk management and in properties it shows 255gigs available but in the partition unaloocated or not it shows 238.

whats up

HP Recommended

basically i dont care about the data on the lost space but to have a full expty ssd for clean win10 installs

HP Recommended

@lege

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

NOTE: THE PRIVATE MESSAGE BOARD IS NOT ALWAYS MONITORED, REPLY BACK TO YOUR PUBLIC POST FOR FURTHER ASSISTANCE.

That said, you've mentioned about a clean install, I must let you know that HP does not recommend changing the OS to a retail copy of windows, if you wish to reinstall the OS, please do so using the HP recovery partition or the HP Recovery media, if you don't have one, you may obtain one using these instructions: Click here for details.

If you would like to thank me for my efforts to help you, 

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" button.

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

hi there, thanks, i checked and there is not new pack for recovery partition for my u101nv laptop, and i have formatted the recovery partition ..

HP Recommended

@lege

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

I understand your concern and recommend that you Contact HP to obtain the recovery media as that's the best way to resolve the issue and be within the HP warranty as other copies of the OS isn't supported by HP:

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  

* Open link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

* Enter Product number or select to auto detect

* Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

* Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get a Case & phone number.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. 

If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.

If you would like to thank me for my efforts to help you, 

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution".

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.