Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
tc4400
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Wich CPU will be best to upgrade to run Win 7 pro 64 bits ?

How much memory will be best  4mg or 8mg ( If possible)?

And How large a HDD will be best ?  .....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

The maximum memory you can install on that model is 2 x 2 GB of PC2-5300 memory for a total of 4 GB.

Page 4 of the quickspecs at the link below show the supported processors and none of them support a 64 bit operating system.

My nc6400 with the same chipset, has the T2400 processor and it can only run 32 bit operating systems.

http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/archives_EMEA/12443_emea_v12/12443_emea.PDF

While I can't guarantee it will work, the best processor you can install in the chipset your notebook has would be the T7600.

That processor would run a 64 bit OS.

Hard drive...I don't know.  You should be able to install up to a 1 TB one though.  I wouldn't see why you couldn't.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

The maximum memory you can install on that model is 2 x 2 GB of PC2-5300 memory for a total of 4 GB.

Page 4 of the quickspecs at the link below show the supported processors and none of them support a 64 bit operating system.

My nc6400 with the same chipset, has the T2400 processor and it can only run 32 bit operating systems.

http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/archives_EMEA/12443_emea_v12/12443_emea.PDF

While I can't guarantee it will work, the best processor you can install in the chipset your notebook has would be the T7600.

That processor would run a 64 bit OS.

Hard drive...I don't know.  You should be able to install up to a 1 TB one though.  I wouldn't see why you couldn't.

HP Recommended

Thank You Paul. Your answers pretty much answer my questions . Thank's again.

Paco-1

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

The nc6400 is pretty much the same model as yours but it doesn't have a touch screen.

I would think as long as you have version F.09 or newer BIOS revision installed, the T7600 should work.

Here's what the release notes for F.09 state...

Version: F.09

Fixed in this release: - Integrates a new version of Intel support code for mobile processors: Intel Core2 Duo Mobile Processor T7000 and T5000 series processors. NOTE: This Intel support code was provided to HP as a critical software update. This System ROM update has no known performance impact.

HP Recommended

Thank's Paul : very useful info... Thank's again

Paco-1

HP Recommended

Anytime, Paco.

Glad to have been of assistance.

Paul

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.