Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
hp laptop 15r003sv
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hallo,  my hp laptop 15r003sv is very week as about the cpu but also as about the intel hd graphics card.

the specs is:

-cpu celeron n2815-

-intel hd integrated graphics-

-1 slot with 4gb ram-

-os windows 10 64bit-
Now with the 4gb ram the specs of the hd graphics is:
-total available graphics memory 1792mb-
-dedicated 64mb-
I know that i can upgrade the ram to 8gb but it wont run in a dual channel mode because the laptop has only one slot.
My questions are

1) will i see a better graphics performance despite that the the 8gb ram won t run in a dual channel mode?
2) Will the amount of the available graphics memory and the dedicated will be increased?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Upgrading memory will not affect the graphics performance to any perceptible degree. 4 gigs to 8 gigs may make the computer slightly more useable, but there is only so much you can do with that very weak platform to work with. The problem is not the video memory, it is the power of the engine that is driving the pixels. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Upgrading memory will not affect the graphics performance to any perceptible degree. 4 gigs to 8 gigs may make the computer slightly more useable, but there is only so much you can do with that very weak platform to work with. The problem is not the video memory, it is the power of the engine that is driving the pixels. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.