Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 15 NOTEBOOK PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i want to upgrade my ram storage i have a hp 15 notebook pc so i was wondering is there a specific type of ram/ddr3 that i have to buy or can i be random also can you provide me with websites that i can purchase this im looking for a 8gb ddr3. P.s. im running on a 64 bit.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Yes of course we can help but you have to help us help you. We need the full model number of the laptop so we can direct you to the correct memory and instruaction son how to do the upgrade. 

Hit fn + esc as you power up and look for the Product Number. Post that, and also tell us where you live (country). 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Yes of course we can help but you have to help us help you. We need the full model number of the laptop so we can direct you to the correct memory and instruaction son how to do the upgrade. 

Hit fn + esc as you power up and look for the Product Number. Post that, and also tell us where you live (country). 

HP Recommended

15-g019wm is the model number 

HP Recommended

You have the AMD E1 processor so only one memory slot and the maximum is 8 gigs. 

See pages 62 and 65 of the Manual here:

Manual

Memory access is a big job, requiring removal of the motherboard.

You need one of these:

8-GB (PC3L, 12800, 1600-MHz) 693374-005

https://www.amazon.com/Kingston-Technology-1600MHz-PC3-12800-KVR16LS11/dp/B00CQ35HBQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=U...

Frankly, I would not invest the cost of the memory in that laptop. It is extremely slow and adding memory will only help a tiny bit. Spend the money towards a new laptop instead. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.