Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hey when i try to update my bios when it is on the middle process then it goes not responding i read many site how to recover the bios and they all said i must use crisis recovery disk but i dont have a usb floppy can i use bootable disk

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Yes, USB thumb drive can be used but floppy driver works 100%

You have Insyde BIOS,try reading this post

I edited his post to make it easy for your model.

1. Download your BIOS, (post your product number if you can not find it)

2. Extract the BIOS by using Winrar or 7-zip

3. Rename the bios file xxxxxx.fd (you may have 360BF52.fd) to ICL50.fd or ICL50HW.fd (do not touch the extension)

3612.fd or 3617.fd, (I dont know which one if your motherboard)

PLEASE CONFIRM WHICH FILE IS CORRECT. THIS WILL HELP FOR OTHER USERS.

4. Copy the file to usb fdd,or usb flash stick. DO NOT MAKE anything etc. ONLY COPY
5. Remove battery, adapter (power cord) , mouse etc.
6. Attach usb fdd, or usb flash stick
7. Hold down <Fn> + <Esc>, Edit by Yen: At other Notebooks it's <windows> key + <B>
8. Plug In the Ac Power adapter, wait about 3-5 secs
9. Press the power button
8. Now release the buttons.

It took about 2-3 minutes and notebook powered down itself.......
Then plug in the battery simply power it on.

Good luck

______

Pavilion DV2922TX, XP-SP3 32bit, Intel T5750 2.0Ghz, Nvidia Geforce 8400M GS with 128MB, 4GB 667 DDR2, 250GB HDD
HP Recommended

Has anyone gotten this to work? I have the same issue.

HP Recommended

If I can do it, anyone can. Now, I keep a bootable 1gb USB flash drive preloaded with the bois.wph file that fits my dv6700z and dv9700z laptops in my care. I have experimented with restoring the bios from various bios flash failures. I've even flashed my machines with bios versions that removes the wlan whitelist, allowing me to use any mini PCI express wlan card I want.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware/The-EZ-Way-To-Unbrick-After-WinPhlash-Bios-Update-Fai...

HP Recommended

I've been trying this for the last couple hours and so far no luck. Hoping I might be able to get some tips on what I'm doing wrong. Mine boots to the splash screen, can open the boot menu. It won't open the bios from anywhere except the option to select the boot media, I can press F10 from there and the Bios opens. I've removed the HDD and replaced RAM with brand new. It refuses to boot to anything, it just goes either to a backlighted blank, or same, but with a non-blinking curser.

I'm trying on a HP G60-235DX

Product Number: NB042UA#ABA

I'm using the latest bios from the website

I've got a 128MB USB drive formatted to FAT-16 with the bios file renamed, tried both 3612.FD and 3617.FD

I've removed the battery and power.

I've held both FN+ESC and WIN+B, then plugged in the AC, waited 3-5 seconds, then pressed power. Now how long after pressing power before I should release either of those? I've tried holding till the screen lights and just after pressing power.

The screen is usually backlighted, but blank. I've waited usually 5-6 minutes (Sometimes much longer) and nothing comes up. Should I see something if it's working? It has never powered itself down and still does not bootup to any media

HP Recommended

Just so nobody else has to go through this hell I finally got it working fo me on my HP G60-235DX.

I downloaded the latest Bios (360BF65.FD)

Made two copies and renamed them to 3612.FD and 3612.BIN (Not sure which is exactly right)

Copied that to a small (256MB) SD Card (Any 2Gig and below would probably work)

Placed the SD in the laptop

Removed Battery and AC from the laptop

Pressed and held both WIN and B Key

Inserted AC, waited 4 seconds and pressed power, released WIN+B right after pressing power.

Give it a minute and it will start to beep very annoyingly, nothing will be on screen.

It powers down when its done and that's it.

HP Recommended
hello I have a 6910P, that got messed up when I upgraded the memory to 4gb, its was running fine, then I plugged my wall charger in, and it stated your charger is not the right power

or something to that effect, then it shut down.

I have read a few threads, that stated it was a bios issue,

but the issue is that I cant get into the bios to upgrade it, and or reset the settings

i have removed the cmos battery

I have also tried this

Just so nobody else has to go through this hell I finally got it working fo me on my HP G60-235DX.

I downloaded the latest Bios (360BF65.FD)

Made two copies and renamed them to 3612.FD and 3612.BIN (Not sure which is exactly right)

Copied that to a small (256MB) SD Card (Any 2Gig and below would probably work)

Placed the SD in the laptop

Removed Battery and AC from the laptop

Pressed and held both WIN and B Key

Inserted AC, waited 4 seconds and pressed power, released WIN+B right after pressing power.

Give it a minute and it will start to beep very annoyingly, nothing will be on screen.

It powers down when its done and that's it.

my machine refuses to boot to the bios, I only have a 4Gb usb drive formatted to FAT, is this drive just too large or something?

also I know the unit still works as the cpu fans turns on as soon as I insert the battery, and the hd light on the front is also on. the cpu fan just stays, and then turns off... over and over again.

I also bought a brand new oem hp charger, and also put back the original 1GB ram stick

is my motherboard toast, or do I need to find a super small flash drive, or buy the darn usb floppy drive

thanks for any help
HP Recommended

Thank You, I got my G60-438NR repaired following these steps:

1.- Downloaded the SoftPaq from http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/previousVersions?softwareitem=ob-90328-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&os=40...   (I used the 09-2009 version).

2.- Extracted it with Winrar

3.- Found the .fd file (in my case was [360BF52.fd] and make a copy.

4.- Renamed it to 3612.fd and the other one to 3612.bin

5.- I think the media wasn't important, because I used a very old 16MB MultiMediaCard formatted in FAT.

6.- Then I copied both files .fd and .bin to the root folder.

7.- Followed the "unplug ac cord, insert card, press Win Key + B Key, then Power Button" method, and, after 40 seconds my laptop started with an annoying beeping. Then turned off, and voila... 

I hope someone finds this useful for it's own.

HP Recommended

I wish I could get this Compaq Presario cq60 615dx to work, lost bios doing power outage and have try the .FD. Do anyone know or have solve this bios problems.. I try the fd but just dont know what to put n front of so it will recognize the file. I will greatly appreciated if someone can help!!!

HP Recommended

i want thank you so much , it work system black screen is gone system back to normal, (THANK YOU SO MUCH !!!!!) I cant stop thank you enough I try everything and your work thank so muc!!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.