Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

This will work on a Compaq Presario CQ60 615DX  THANKS! Once again Honor Student

HP Recommended

I got it to work the first time and am happy if you do it right wait for the computer to beep. I got it too work on my Compaq Presario cq60 615dx follow the instruction and dont dis-spare.. it work for me:)

HP Recommended

Claddo2! Put both files on the thumb drive no more than 2Gb of space on the drive. Rename the extract biose extenion .FD rename the . FD  one 3612.BIN and another one of the same file 3612.FD. Copy both them to the thumb drive. Unplug the Ac adapter and remove the battery, hold down the power to which is a hard reset for 15 seconds to remove all charges. Insert the thumb drive, wait 10 seconds. Hold down the windows key + B , plug in the AC  press the power button look for a light on the harddrive led, once see that release the power quick and wait for the computer to started beeping and it willl shut down its self. GOOD LUCK !!!!

HP Recommended

Mind , when I press the power key I look for the LED  to just enough to amber up a litte and than I release the power button, and windows key + B

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.