Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

been to reach a live person to get the replacement cord for my laptop LS15. On hold for over an hour yesterday, on hold today over an hour, no one comes on phone. Tried going through website, keeps coming up wtih internal error and will not send through.

Very frustrating, horrible customer serivce. I was thinking about getting a new hp laptop, but probably will get another brand because of your lousy customer service.

If my house burns down because of this faulty cord, you will be sued.

HP Recommended

canot get through to a live person to help with my replacement cord. I cannot use laptop without cord, battery does not stay on back of computer.

Why the long wait, holding for 2 hours on phone last 2 days. Emails will not go through, says internal error.

What to do?

I will sue HP if this burns up my house. this is ridiculous, lousy customer service.

I will not get another HP ever with this horrible customer service.

HP Recommended

Well, well, well....go figure. I finally get the email to go through and HP graciously acknowledges me via a canned email. Obviously my email wasn’t read. I have 4000 laptops all over the country and I get a spreadsheet that requires a lot of input. All of which has nothing to do with each other. The laptops that are shipped do not have the power supplies that were sent originally with the laptops from HP. And what they are going to ship me a bunch of cords after the fact so I can incur the shipping costs. These bulk orders have to account for a lot of the company’s revenue and we should have personal service as if I was an individual customer. I requested that someone contact me, we will see if that happens. We are gearing up to purchase 2000 more laptops and if I don’t get some help soon, I will be sure that our business goes to Dell.

HP Recommended

healthycom,

I just completed the online form with no issue. You want to try the web site

http://www.hp.com/support/PowerCordReplacement

I worked for HP.
HP Recommended

Sioban, it would be nice to have an HP Admin such as yourself address these issues we're having with major numbers of laptops.  I am also having to get numbers from various places around the state and the amount of work and/or time is staggering. 

HP Recommended

Thank you for the informaiton.

However, in the verification process I found I do not have the white tag on the cord anymore. In addition, The numbers for a CT verification ar particially worn and unable to provide that informaiton. What is one to do in this set of circumstances?

Thank you

HP Recommended

This is nice. I purchased this very cord two years ago for my HP Pavillion which was in great working order. Today I found out about the recall. After having this cord for three months it melted while plugged in to my computer. I was at work so I am fortunate that it did not start a fire. However, it did melt so badly that the plug receptacle to my computer was completely destroyed. I asked my local repair technician how much it would cost to fix it and it was almost as much as the price of the computer. Thanks HP, I will remember this.

HP Recommended

luckyvsgood,

Here is a phone number you can call

Capture.JPG

I worked for HP.
HP Recommended

I only have one laptop g60 w/LS/15 cord, have not had any problens with over heating as of this date.

would like to request a new cord ASAP. because it going to my grandson.

HP Recommended

Still no sucess in reaching a live person to get a new power cord for my laptop. Have tried 2 days in a row, tried to do it on internet, says internal error and willnot go through. Holding on hpne for hours at a time is not good business practice. Customer service sucks.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.