Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Probook 450 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have a Probook 450 G2 and the specs are good but the HDD is pretty slow

Is there any way i can change it with an SSD

I have no problem with dissassembling it i just need to know if an ssd will fit on it

If ,yes will the Samsung 840 evo ssd work??

Thanks in Advance,

Mathias

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Yes. The Samsung EVO 840 will work. 

See the sticky that I wrote in Notebook -->Upgrades at the top of the section.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Yes. The Samsung EVO 840 will work. 

See the sticky that I wrote in Notebook -->Upgrades at the top of the section.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Will it support Evo 850 also?

HP Recommended

@Sompod wrote:

Will it support Evo 850 also?

Yes, If you are asking about the Samsung EVO 850 sata SSD.

HP Recommended

hello, 

I know this is an old post, but i do have a question regarding this topic on this exact product. 

I have recently purchased a Samsung 750 Evo SSD ( 120 gb ). Tried  it on the laptop it works, but if i install the 1Tb blue WD on the optical drive slot, it will cause some conflict i suppose ( windows is not installing normally i have to force restart by pushing the power botton, also when i try to restart from windows it will go to a black blank image and won't move from there unless again i push the button to force close it, also it won't even shut down from windows, it goes to the same black windows and stays like that ) If i remove the HDD it will work normally.

I've noticed that even plugging the caddy empty in the slot will cause the same problem.  Could it be that the caddy is faulty ? perhaps some incompatibility issue between the connectors or something ? 

I have installed both HDD and SSD into a lenovo and it booted up normally also the function of restart and shut down were working normally, moved them back to HP probook g2 450 and it all started again. 

Any idea what could be the cause ? It doesn't support a dual drive setup ? 

thank you in advance for the help

HP Recommended

UPDATE ** 

I solved the issue, the problem was the caddy, after doing some more research I found on a forum a post about someone with the same issue, it seems that some caddys have a  pin on the connector that suggest to the system that it has to stay on, there are 2 solutions to this, in my case the caddy had a button right near the connector ( on it's left side ) by switching that the problem won't occur anymore, if your caddy doesn't own one, you can melt the pin and put it out.

The problem is that i haven't saved the link to that post so i suggest to stick to the first solution or do some further research on this faulty pin if this occur to you 

HP Recommended

@criixt wrote:

UPDATE ** 

I solved the issue, the problem was the caddy, after doing some more research I found on a forum a post about someone with the same issue, it seems that some caddys have a  pin on the connector that suggest to the system that it has to stay on, there are 2 solutions to this, in my case the caddy had a button right near the connector ( on it's left side ) by switching that the problem won't occur anymore, if your caddy doesn't own one, you can melt the pin and put it out.

The problem is that i haven't saved the link to that post so i suggest to stick to the first solution or do some further research on this faulty pin if this occur to you 

I just saw this today. I was also considering the third party disk drive caddy as the issue. Glad to see you have it sorted already.

HP Recommended

Will the Samsung SSD 750 Evo also be compatible?

HP Recommended

What is the full model name and part number for the SSD.

A link to the page you found it on would suffice.

What you have there is not complete.

Nevermind.

Its a SATA 2.5" SSD drive. It will work.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.