Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

the fan is always running and the laptop is not hot at all!!!!

hp laptops are now good quailty, I have decabled the Ded Ati card on Bios but still fan running and noisy....

others have the same problem  آگهی استخدام   کوتاه کننده لینک  سوئد  too hp should fix it soon.

I might deassemle it and check the cpu conectivity with fan and reapply the paste

HP Recommended

i know dude! and i think the problem increased after i UPDATED my BIOS!! >:/

HP Recommended

HP 4530 ProBook - fan noise is really annoying and the only bios setting (fan always on when AC connected) available has no effect whatsoever. It is really irritating that HP doesn't have a solution for this problem and it seems that they're not very eager to find one. Maybe they don't want to risk it that a field engineer caughts his/her Probook on fire. For an office worker this is simply a nightmare.

Can't recommend HP laptops for anyone after this experience.

HP Recommended

Dear HP manager listion to your couster voice and take actions, It's not true the becuase your are SO BIG you can do want you want and decide for them... :((((

FIX THE HP 4530s HEAT FAN NOISE ISSUE ....

HP Recommended

Hi all,

I found a solution, at least it worked in my case. I am not eager to discuss much, but my conscience tells me this is something I must share. I found this forum, and you can spread the word.

I downloaded and installed 'TPFancontrol'. It is a freeware, not written for HP. The software is supposed to enable setting the threshold temperatures for different fan speeds, in 'smart' and 'manual' modes - all configurable via an .ini file . There is also a 'BIOS' mode.

In my case, 'manual' or 'smart' causes the fan to run at high speed, but 'BIOS' brings my 4530s to silence. Some sound from the fan is still audible in the absence of ambient sounds, but it is no longer disturbing.

I don't know whether TPFancontrol makes the BIOS of my 4530s do what it was supposed to do ... 

I haven't yet put the laptop under significant load to see whether the fan when kick in when the temperature rises (which is also desireable) ... but if not, there is alwas clicking the 'smart' of 'manual' mode of TPFancontrol 😉 And you need some freeware to monitor the CPUs' temperature (which exist) ...

It is a pitty we need this kind of workaround for stuff from a supposedly customer- and quality-oriented brand.

Cheers,

HP Recommended

I have the latest bios and among other third party solutions I ran into TPFan control, but it didn't work in my case.

I must say I didn't spend much time to check all the options..

HP Recommended

still haveing the same problem, HP 4530s Fan Noise problem

HP sucks...

HP Recommended

I should explain a bit more what I did.

After installing TPFancontrol, you must make sure it can modify the fan when the computer starts. To do this set 'Active = 1' in TPFancontrol.ini. This is a text file and you open it via 'Start' -> 'All Programs' -> 'TPFanControl' -> 'edit TPFancontrol.ini'.

Also set 'SlimDialog=0' (or it may be some other option), so the window where you can switch between 'manual', 'smart' and 'BIOS' gets open when the computer starts.

I did not do much other tweaking. Maybe it's just a coincidence, and my BIOS somehow got to reason independently of TPFanControl. I know the noise is much less now, it was driving me craz y at first.

It is a bit ironic that I have this problem, because I had previously returned a Dell Inspiron N411z 14" because of its noise. And I then bought this HP, because I had previously always had HP and they were always silent.

Wht do you know.

Regards,

HP Recommended
I will try this ..Now I see I was working with this version: tpfc_v062e.zip special version for Edge E520 only. maybe that was the reason why it didn't work..
HP Recommended

thank you silentlaptop!

TPfancontrol works, in BIOS mode, although it is not completely silent and fan still spins constantly I think it is more quiet than standard HP noise.

tpfan control says it rotates 273rpm, it seems a bit low though, and cpu temp is 49celsius.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.