Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

REVISED INSTRUCTIONS WHEN FLASHER UTILITY DOES NOT RECOGNIZE DRIVER

IN COMMAN PROMT DONT DO:  tsdnwin  nocheck

DO

tsdnwin.exe -nocheck

THE SECOND OPTION ALLOWED ME TO FLASH DRIVER AND DID NOT SAY COULD NOT FIND DRIVER

HP Recommended

Hi:

I have a HP dv4t-1400 using Windows Vista 64-bit and want to Upgrade to Windows 7 64-bit.  When placing New Retail Box Windows 7 disks (64-bit or 32-bit) TS-L633M, F/W Ver: 0200 will not read disks.  Drive reads HP DVD disks, Plays DVD movies with no errors or problems.  The Windows 7 disk reads in two (2) other PCs that run Windows XP.  Attempted to Flash firmware (SN-S083M_SB02.exe) as indicated in the forum as directed but fails to load firmware.  Message displayed indicates F/W not for drive.  Also attempted to flash firmware (TS-L633M/SC01) that TSST website which also fails indicating drive is not for firmware for TS-L633M drive. I have confirmed in Device Manager that hardware is working correctly, HP diagnostics indicated that the DVD drive is working correctly, I ran everything as an administrator.  Nothing seems to correct the issue.

Update: 10-15-2013

Flashed TS-L633M CDDVDW with firmware SN-S083M_SB02.exe.  I completed the process and rebooted PC several times.  Windows 7 DVD still will not read in drive but do read in other PCs.  No Change there. HP DVDs still read.  However, have now lost the ability to play DVD movies on PC.

The reason for the problem with the Flash procedure no working was "tsdnwin nocheck"  it worked when typed correctly as "tsdnwin -nocheck".   The flash loaded at that point.

I could use some help if someone can. 

HP seems to not be interested in a fix and from other support issues I have read on this drive is not an uncommon problem issue with this vendor's CDDVD drives.  Most of the time the customers purchase another CDDVD drive from another vendor.  I need to get this one functional.

Again, any help woud be appreciated.

Thanks,

RCFlyer

HP Recommended

Hi RCFlyre,

I can understand your frustration with this issue. There is definitely something going on that is causing problem with you drive. I have found a link to Microsoft site that has a couple of things that you can try.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hi BHK6:

I went to the site and did all four methods...

Method 1:

Found trouble with the drive but failed to solve any problems. Next, I was directed to web page indicating that Fix It is no longer a supported or functional site.

Method 2:

Indicated the device has no problems.

Method 3:

Removed the Upperfilters in the registry subkey. Rebooted the PC. After reboot the DVD movie started. It asked what region the PC was in. It showed 0 and USA is in 1. It did not allow me to alter the region to 1. The DVD movie then started that was already in the CD / DVD drive. I was able to move to all chapters in the movie. I closed out the program and reattempted to start the movie again which never ran again. Next, I rebooted the PC and still would not run the movie.

Method 4:

Followed the procedures and deleted the CD /DVD drivers and rebooted the PC. The drivers reloaded without errors.

The DVD currently will read HP disks only... It will not read Windows 7 Install disks and not play DVD movies...

Nothing changed at all. Same issue.

This PC is HP OEM install, Windows software all bought and paid at local retail outlet. All Legal.

It seems that all hardware is fine. The problem seems to be in HP software compatibility or DVD drive is incompatible with Window 7 disks. Remember the disks read on two other PCs from Dell running Windows XP.

After flashing the drive the PC lost the ability to run Movies.

The reason this process started was to fix the PC's DVD drive to read Windows 7 disks. This PC came with a Window Upgrade installed that never worked. That is why I had to purchase the Windows 7 Pro disks.

Any suggestions wood be helpful.

Thanks,

RCFlyer

HP Recommended

Hi RCFlyer,

As you said it is all HP OEM installed so there should not be any compatibility issues. The Fix It program did find something wrong with the drive, did it give you any error message or anything like that?

When you My Computer do you see the Windows 7 CD in your DVD drive? If you can right click on the CD and select Explore and let me know what you see.

Thank you,

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hi BHK6:

The Fix It program never displayed an error other than finding that the TS-L633M had a problem.

I did not have an Microsoft account so I created one and ran Fix it again.  The program then reported a problem with the DVD driveagain and corrected it.  After the fix was performed I rebooted the PC.

The "MY Computer" shows the DVD drive never sees the Windows 7 Install disks (32 or 64 Bit Disk) never ever sees the the disks.  However, sees HP and other data DVD and CD disks.  Additionally, the DVD drive dies not see DVD movie disks any longer.

Both Windows 7 Install disks are seen by both Dell Windows XP PCs.

Thanks,

RCFlyer

HP Recommended

Hi BHK6:

FYI:

The CCDVDW Drive was flashed with new firmware as directed on this site to get it to work.  The drive was "re-branded" by the manufacture.

Thanks,

RCFlyer

HP Recommended

Hi RCFlyre,

Lets see if the HP website can find an update for your computer that may get your going. Click on the link below and click on Scan Now and it will take a look for you.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=3945147&

Something else you can try is connecting an external CD drive to your computer and see if will the Windows 7 install CD and see if it installs and if it does you can check to see if the drive is working correctly at that point.

Thank you,

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

hallo,

habe seit 2 tagen ein problem mit obigem laufwerk.

es funktioniert nicht mehr.

info im gerätemanager:

"dieses hardtwaregerät kann nicht gestartet werden,

da dessen konfigurationsinformation  (in der registrierung)
unvollständig oder beschädigt sind."    (Code 19)

was kann ich machen, um diesen fehler zu beseitigen ?

ich bitte um hilfe.

grüße

h.r.

HP Recommended

The original post has an error specifying use of TSDNWIN NOCHECK at the command prompt .  Instead use TSDNWIN -NOCHECK.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.