Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
1. Product Name and Number:  HP Probook 4520s

2. Operating System installed:  Windows 7 64-bit

3. Error message: This device cannot start. (Code 10)

4. Details: My Imaging device(HP integrated Webcam 2MP) is a make of Lexmark. In Device Manager, I found that Lexmark X422 driver is not updated. I tried to update it, showing already uodated. But the properties of Lexmark X422 showing the error message of "This device cannot start. (Code 10)" Due to this problem, I cannot start my HP integrated Webcam...Pls help with solution.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

This has been addressed in this thread

The Lexmark x422 is not the webcam.  The big issue is that the webcam is not listed at all in device manager (based on the screenshot provided in the other thread). 

I advise you to visit the business support forums found here.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
HP Recommended

Thank you very much for your helpful writing. Now, I agree with you 100%.

But, Still I am unhappy with my webcam, as it is not listed in Device manager list. Is my integrated webcam disconnected internally??

My webcam worked when I purchased my laptop. But after some days, It went wrong and disappeared form Comuter. Now, I have formatted my laptop completely but there is no use. In BIOS set-up also, I can't find webcam...Hp webcam driver is not installin on my notebook....Any help regarding this??

HP Recommended

i m having the same issue with my hp m6 1045 dx ,imaging device of lexmark x422 not working code error 10.kindly help me

HP Recommended

@emmy11 wrote:

i m having the same issue with my hp m6 1045 dx ,imaging device of lexmark x422 not working code error 10.kindly help me

Hello emmy11.

Have you tried right clicking on the device, selecting uninstall, and rebooting the computer?  This will force Windows to reinstall the driver and often times will solve issues such as this.

Also, did you check the link that Cloud_Strider posted above?  What was the result?

Have a great day.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

HP Recommended

Did you get answer for this question..I too had the same problem 😞

pls respond to me it would be really appreciatable..

HP Recommended

Printer says there is an error with the lexmark X422 and cannot play disks?

HP Recommended

Hello Photo4buff

Your post indicates that you are receiving the error "lexmark X422 and cannot play disks". Which printer do you have? What operating system do you have?

I would like to thank you for posting on the HP Forums and have a great day!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
HP Recommended

c:programfiles\LemARK\422\LXA1W1ADLL

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.