Question

Student
derekflint
Message 1 of 5 (12,092 Views)

How can I get my laptop out of "safe mode" and back into normal?

My HP PAVILION dv4-2173nr Entertainment Notebook is stuck in "Safe Mode" and I can't get it back into "Normal Mode"

Provost
DavidPK
Message 2 of 5 (12,091 Views)

Re: How can I get my laptop out of "safe mode" and back into normal?

Hi,

Let the notebook start in Safe Mode.  Then hold down the Windows key and press R.  Into the Run Box type msconfig and hit enter.  In the System Configuration window, click the Boot tab and look to see if there is a tick in the box next to Safe boot - if there is, click the box to remove the tick and then click Apply to save the change.  Restart the notebook and see if Windows will boot normally.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Student
x3EriB
Message 3 of 5 (11,366 Views)

I have an HP computer and its in safe mode, i dont know how to go back to normal mode, but when i check system configuration and go to the tab boot there isn't a check on safe mode. So I dont know what to do, Help!?

Student
BJPMaster
Message 4 of 5 (10,971 Views)

I'm having the same issue. I go into system configuration and into the boot tab then try to turn off safe mode but what comes up says "System Configuration cannot save the original boot configuration for later restoration. Boot changes will be reverted. The system cannot find the path specified." I'm not sure whats wrong with it but my audio wont work and everything is messed up ever since i got safe mode. Who can help me fix it?

Student
bigbart530
Message 5 of 5 (2,299 Views)

I can not get my hp laptop off safe mode..
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation