02-06-2012 10:12 AM
Let the notebook start in Safe Mode. Then hold down the Windows key and press R. Into the Run Box type msconfig and hit enter. In the System Configuration window, click the Boot tab and look to see if there is a tick in the box next to Safe boot - if there is, click the box to remove the tick and then click Apply to save the change. Restart the notebook and see if Windows will boot normally.
****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****
Microsoft MVP - Windows Experience
08-30-2012 11:41 AM
I have an HP computer and its in safe mode, i dont know how to go back to normal mode, but when i check system configuration and go to the tab boot there isn't a check on safe mode. So I dont know what to do, Help!?
10-14-2012 11:10 AM
I'm having the same issue. I go into system configuration and into the boot tab then try to turn off safe mode but what comes up says "System Configuration cannot save the original boot configuration for later restoration. Boot changes will be reverted. The system cannot find the path specified." I'm not sure whats wrong with it but my audio wont work and everything is messed up ever since i got safe mode. Who can help me fix it?
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)